Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question?

On yournissanparts.com they sell a 2005-2006 kit and an 2007 kit, from what i understand the steering column stalk has changed....

I have an 08, does anyone know if the 2007 kit they sell work for the 2008 model X??

I have tried calling yournissanparts.com like crazy, i can never get through, I also emailed and nothing?

-Jason

·
on line
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
help i'm ready to order, just want to be sure the stalk works on 08?

·
on line
268 Posts
I'm not certain I've seen, heard or read about anyone installing the lights in an 08 yet. So you'd be the first to find out. Though I think I would skip yournissanparts (Nissan of Turnersville). They've seem to have taken and immediate turn for the worst when Brian left a few weeks ago. Might consider Courtesy Nissan in Texas instead.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/xterra/index.html

·
on line
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i figured something was up? they have yet to answer my call, return email, heck no i'm gonna spend money there!

·
on line
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got off the phone with Jacob from Courtesy Parts.com and he pieced together a fog light kit for an 08 model Xterra. He said that the steering column stalks are diffrent from 07. He had to order me a 2008 SE model stalk that had fog light control.

Ill post pics and part numbers once they get mailed to me. and update this tread along with the HOW TO for the fog lights.
the pieced together kit cost me $249.00
- Jason

·
on line
379 Posts
i actuallly just installed an 07 foglight kit on my 08. The stalk replacement included in the 07 kit works on an 08.

·
on line
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
njsolaryellow said:
i actuallly just installed an 07 foglight kit on my 08. The stalk replacement included in the 07 kit works on an 08.

Cool... I just did the install today. the stalk that they sent me was from courtesy parts.com and it was p/n 25540-ET11A - switch asm $64.62

- j

·
on line
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool... I just did the install today. the stalk that they sent me was from courtesy parts.com and it was p/n 25540-ET11A - switch asm $64.62

Also, I found that turning the wheel outward on whichever side you are working on gives you the best room and makes it really easy to install these fog lights. I turned the wheel outside (drivers side - turn wheel all the way to the left).

then i was able to pull the plastic wheel liner up and move it back to where i could work and easily see/gain access to the fog light area.

the clip DOES need to be mounted on the truck bumper with the threading portion down.

- j

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
I am working on the backend of the site for the next few weeks, so you will see lots of things appear and disappear, but I will get it all worked out as soon as possible...
In have to rebuild the accessory section, cause the default one is terrible.

Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts