Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
161 - 180 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
New Timken wheel hubs and bearings. The left side sounds like it might be starting to be on its way out. Since I am about to rip the whole front end apart. I figured what the heck let’s get it setup with all new parts.
Wheel Automotive tire Product Tire Bicycle part

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
Roof rack is mocked up..... and yes it looks like another companies design but with some changes and tweaks. I really like how this one is setup. For how wide the roof top tent is this will work.

Triangle Rectangle Slope Automotive exterior Parallel

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Added in a Vibrant 1142 3" Ultra Quiet Resonator this evening. It really helped with pulling out the drone between 1200-2500 when just riding around town and going 60-70 you hear almost nothing! Well worth adding it in. I will be adding sound deadening to the floors, doors, rear hatch, and rear quarter panels. Adding the resonator now at idle it lets out a very low frequency that is very annoying. so adding in the sound deadening should help a little.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Have the inside gutted out and ready for sound deadening! The factory goo on the fool is chipping off with my fingers. I’m going to scrape it all out so the new Kilmat can stick down without any issues.

Going with 80 mil Kilmat on the floors, rear hatch, and doors. Then Kilmat 50 mil for the roof and inside the back hatch wheel tubs. I’ll double up the left over 50 mil in some spots.

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
Xterra is all put back together. Installed a new Atoto head unit, new Kicker 6x9s up front and 6.5s in the rear doors. Amp mounted under the passenger seat. Need to fine tune the amp for the speakers but it sounds great so far.
Also tinted the windows today. 20% up front, and 5% for the rest.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
I bought a 2010 pro4x rear axle and front differential from a manual setup. Going from 3.13 gears to 3.69. I’ll have the e-locker in the rear with the Lokka up front.

161 - 180 of 188 Posts