Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
121 - 140 of 359 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
View attachment 130671
I have probably put it on 5 times in 2 months just to rejuvenate how dry they were. Every time I do it they look better and better.
I'm interested to se how long it lasts. I've been trying to find a product to use on my plastics but have heard so many stories about them only lasting a couple months. Unfortunately, when I bought my truck a year and a half ago, the stealership coated everything in Armor All so the plastics turned almost white.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
I'm interested to se how long it lasts. I've been trying to find a product to use on my plastics but have heard so many stories about them only lasting a couple months. Unfortunately, when I bought my truck a year and a half ago, the stealership coated everything in Armor All so the plastics turned almost white.
Pick up a bottle and check it out! I use it on everything the interior looks amazing.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Been using 303 for over 20 years now and it is a great product and my favorite thing is it isn't greasy. It is a protectant however, not a restorer. It washes off and your plastics are back to being faded.
What iI have found really works is Wipe New although I have never trusted the "As Seen on TV" crap, this one actually works.

BTW: Your X looks great!

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
1,448 Posts
I bet she was weeping happy happy tears.

·
Registered
2008 Blue Off Road X
22 Posts
It’s great to see you saving an X from the scrap heap or getting parted out. Best of luck on the rebuild. Do you plan on upgrading anything or just bringing it back to speck? I saw you will do a Titan swap eventually. Any other plans?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 · (Edited)
It’s great to see you saving an X from the scrap heap or getting parted out. Best of luck on the rebuild. Do you plan on upgrading anything or just bringing it back to speck? I saw you will do a Titan swap eventually. Any other plans?
Yeah, I will defiantly plan on building the truck out into an overland rig. I am still planning out where I want to start. I will build the bumpers, rock sliders, and a new roof rack. I do want to go with a titan swap front end but I will probably stick with the R180 diff and put a Lokka in it, and run QX80 CV shafts. I picked up some used Radflo 2.0's that need rebuilt and new springs.

Starting with upgrading the brakes all the way around with some drilled and slotted rotors and nice pads, with stainless braided lines.

Tires will need to be replaced at some point and will jump up to a 33". Looking to pick up another stock wheel to match for a full-size spare.

Titan swap setup:
Radflo 2.0 with 1.5" spacers (the ones I picked up are not extended)
Build my own UCA's
Infiniti QX80 CV shafts
Lokka for the R180
Mevotech Supreme LCA's
Titan HD inner and outer tie rods
Alignement Cam Bolt Kit
PRG 6061 Billet Xterra 3 Degree Shims
PRG shackles
PRG U-Bolt Flip Kit w/ Bash Plate
Bilstein 5100 in the rear
Looking for a 500+ leaf pack as I'll be adding a rear tire carrier and then building out the rear with storage, fridge, and water setup.
Will also be adding a rooftop tent.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Starting to pull together ideas for the front bumper build. I like a more minimalistic and low profile design. Some of these plate bumpers I see just look so damn big lol. I found this picture of a pretty slim bumper on a Frontier.

I know our Xterra’s don’t have the same flat cut on the bumper, but digging into how the ARB bumper is mounted. They cut down the stock bumper to give it a flat profile.

Thinking about chopping down the bumper and coming up with something similar to what is on that Frontier. Keeping it sucked In as close as I can with a winch tucked inside.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
That Fronty bumper is NICE.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 · (Edited)
Well, the Radflo 2.0s showed yesterday and I started to strip them down today lol... I don’t know if one of them can be saved. The guy wasn’t lying when he said the ring nuts were seized

I have a list of parts I need to get! Luckily Radflo is local for me. I’m going to swing by later this week and see if they can help me out with a few parts. I’ll be ordering 700lb Eibach springs for them.

Now to strip down the next one!

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Starting to pull together ideas for the front bumper build. I like a more minimalistic and low profile design. Some of these plate bumpers I see just look so damn big lol. I found this picture of a pretty slim bumper on a Frontier.
View attachment 130720

I know our Xterra’s don’t have the same flat cut on the bumper, but digging into how the ARB bumper is mounted. They cut down the stock bumper to give it a flat profile.
View attachment 130721

Thinking about chopping down the bumper and coming up with something similar to what is on that Frontier. Keeping it sucked In as close as I can with a winch tucked inside.
Love what you are doing. Something to consider, since you are actually planning on taking your rig off-road, those big grill/headlight bars (like the ARB bumper) are actually useful in protecting your lights and front corners of the quarter panels from scratches. I went with a low profile hoop to protect a future light bar and because I thought I looked great. First time I went trail running I was wishing I had the extra protection. Now I have some mostly permanent pinstripes. Haha! That’s the X life, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Wow, that was a LOT of math.

121 - 140 of 359 Posts