Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
341 - 360 of 387 Posts

· Premium Member
392 Posts
I've been following this from the beginning and must say this has been one of my favorite build threads.
What do you think of the tires, now that you've had them out a bit? They have made my short list and I'm looking for opinions

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #345 ·
I've been following this from the beginning and must say this has been one of my favorite build threads.
What do you think of the tires, now that you've had them out a bit? They have made my short list and I'm looking for opinions
I say jump on the Geolandars if you can find them in stock! They are pretty quiet on the road. The only time I really heard them would be in tighter curves on the highway. I just did 1600 miles on them out to Moab and back. They still look new!

· Registered
2,712 Posts
I need to do a picture dump from Moab but loading pictures on here can take its sweet time lol. Here is a link for the Xterra's Instagram page I made for it.

ALILXTR
Yeah.... it wants me to set up an account and login.... NOPE! So can't see more than 6-8 photos.

· Registered
07 Xterra 4x4 | 2.5" Lift | SPC UCAs | 285/75/16 Yokohama Geolander M/T G003 | Minor Trimming
54 Posts
Just found your thread and love it! Was looking at a 2” lift and this same wheels in matte bronze but wasn’t sure how they’d look on dark gray/black exterior. Solid choice!

Loved seeing that Honda CB100 in the garage too!

Which vendor did you get your aluminum extrusion from for the roof rack?

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #355 ·
Just found your thread and love it! Was looking at a 2” lift and this same wheels in matte bronze but wasn’t sure how they’d look on dark gray/black exterior. Solid choice!

Loved seeing that Honda CB100 in the garage too!

Which vendor did you get your aluminum extrusion from for the roof rack?
Sorry for the delay!! Here is where I ordered the aluminum extrusion

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #357 · (Edited)
Well, the steering rack took a dump on me 2 weeks ago. Was making a hell of a clunk out on the trail. I think a few things led up to it going bad. The main this was the right side lower control arm had the lower shock mount in the wrong location. This would cause the CV axle to hit the bottom of my coil. This would also hit when turning hard left. I ended up cutting the shock mount off and moving it forward 1/2" At the time of taking it all apart AGAIN... I added the new bump stops, a new steering rack, fixed the shock mount location, welded on 14mm washers to make the shock holes a true 14mm to stop and movement, and then added in PRG Delrin lower control arm donuts.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Engineering Gas

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Automotive lighting

· Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
1,516 Posts
Where did you get the steering rack? I need one soon.

341 - 360 of 387 Posts