Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get new tires. I currently have more of an offroad tire, but don't like the noise they give off on the highway..and i do a lot of highway driving. (these tires are about done)

What was the stock tires on a 2007 offroad? I know they were BF Goodrich, but I am not sure what "model" they would have been.

I do need something that will do good in the snow, as where I live I get to do a lot of snow driving in the winter.

I liked the stock tires, but do you have any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
22,508 Posts
I am looking to get new tires. I currently have more of an offroad tire, but don't like the noise they give off on the highway..and i do a lot of highway driving. (these tires are about done)

What was the stock tires on a 2007 offroad? I know they were BF Goodrich, but I am not sure what "model" they would have been.

I do need something that will do good in the snow, as where I live I get to do a lot of snow driving in the winter.

I liked the stock tires, but do you have any other suggestions?
stock tires on a 2007 offroad = 265/75R16 BFG Rugged Trails

·
on line
10,980 Posts
They're not a particularly good snow tire, though. If I may, there are many AT tires out there that will give similar look to the stock tires, but better snow performance ... I'd consider the Firestone Destination AT, Hankook Dynapro ATM, Bridgestone Dueller Revo2 or other similar ones (in the size of interest ... most should be available in stock size) as places to start.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Michelin LTX M/S (pricey, but one of the best highway tires ever made IMO)
General HTS
Hankook Dynapro ATM
Firestone Destination AT

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx for the information...I know I am looking for the best of both worlds, but I have an aggresive M+S tire now. My wife does most of the driving and a lot of highway driving. But we do get snow and need something that will get us home...when off the freeway...

Anyone have any opinions of the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts