Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im coming home from work tonight - and im driving on the highway no problem i stop to get water - turn off the X - get back in - start it up only to have the VDC OFF light lit up and the SLIP light on.... I have 2500 miles on it.... not sure what it is anyone experience this????
I wasnt driving aggressively - beating on it etc.... I turned the truck off/ on - put it 4 hi/ 4low/ backed up turnd the truck on and off... it was still there... any ideas what the f this is????
ANy insight would help
thanks
jmag

 

·
on line
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dam thanks mosi - i read that thread unreal how many people (even you) have had it..... its kinda a bummer....
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,938 Posts
magicman said:
dam thanks mosi - i read that thread unreal how many people (even you) have had it..... its kinda a bummer....
Head to the deal. You are lucky that your lights stay on. Mine are completely random. Did a 600 mile trip for work this week and no lights. I hit a bump and they flicker.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
339 Posts
this makes me paranoid about my xterra. does anyone know if nissan is trying to find the source of this problem?

the problem isn't the wiring bundle getting cut in the steering assembly?
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,938 Posts
johnlam940 said:
this makes me paranoid about my xterra. does anyone know if nissan is trying to find the source of this problem?

the problem isn't the wiring bundle getting cut in the steering assembly?
It is the Diff or ABS controller. No worries as it doesn't affect the handling of your X and won't render it unless.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
232 Posts
kokopop said:
johnlam940 said:
this makes me paranoid about my xterra. does anyone know if nissan is trying to find the source of this problem?

the problem isn't the wiring bundle getting cut in the steering assembly?
It is the Diff or ABS controller. No worries as it doesn't affect the handling of your X and won't render it unless.
In my case, the ABS was disabled so I would say it's a pretty big safety issue. I haven't driven a car/truck w/o ABS in 12 years. I drove around for a bit where it was safe so I could practice some emergency stopping exercises. Soundy dorky I know, but when it's wet out and you are used to ABS, it makes a big difference.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,938 Posts
Mosi said:
kokopop said:
johnlam940 said:
this makes me paranoid about my xterra. does anyone know if nissan is trying to find the source of this problem?

the problem isn't the wiring bundle getting cut in the steering assembly?
It is the Diff or ABS controller. No worries as it doesn't affect the handling of your X and won't render it unless.
In my case, the ABS was disabled so I would say it's a pretty big safety issue. I haven't driven a car/truck w/o ABS in 12 years. I drove around for a bit where it was safe so I could practice some emergency stopping exercises. Soundy dorky I know, but when it's wet out and you are used to ABS, it makes a big difference.
Maybe, but if the light comes on and stays on then go to a dealer. I cannot remember the last time that I actually heard the ABS kick in. Maybe I drive like a 90 year old women.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
232 Posts
kokopop said:
Mosi said:
kokopop said:
johnlam940 said:
this makes me paranoid about my xterra. does anyone know if nissan is trying to find the source of this problem?

the problem isn't the wiring bundle getting cut in the steering assembly?
It is the Diff or ABS controller. No worries as it doesn't affect the handling of your X and won't render it unless.
In my case, the ABS was disabled so I would say it's a pretty big safety issue. I haven't driven a car/truck w/o ABS in 12 years. I drove around for a bit where it was safe so I could practice some emergency stopping exercises. Soundy dorky I know, but when it's wet out and you are used to ABS, it makes a big difference.
Maybe, but if the light comes on and stays on then go to a dealer. I cannot remember the last time that I actually heard the ABS kick in. Maybe I drive like a 90 year old women.
We did take it to the dealer and they blew us off for 2 weeks and said it was safe to drive until the part came in. We bitched enough that they gave us a loaner while they kept the truck for another 2 weeks to fix. They replaced the entire rear end.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mosi said:
Maybe, but if the light comes on and stays on then go to a dealer. I cannot remember the last time that I actually heard the ABS kick in. Maybe I drive like a 90 year old women.
We did take it to the dealer and they blew us off for 2 weeks and said it was safe to drive until the part came in. We bitched enough that they gave us a loaner while they kept the truck for another 2 weeks to fix. They replaced the entire rear end.[/quote]

ohhh man i dont have enough miles on yet for a new rear end!!!! :clown:
 

·
on line
Joined
·
841 Posts
johnlam940 said:
this makes me paranoid about my xterra. does anyone know if nissan is trying to find the source of this problem?

the problem isn't the wiring bundle getting cut in the steering assembly?
My dealer claimed that it was a steering wheel angle sensor gone haywire. Some people mentioned the same. It took 3 attempts to fix it, the 3rd time I came in and said that I know it's a common problem and voila, they fixed it in no time at all.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top