Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having an issue with what I could call a hiccup when on the freeway. No change in RPM, doesn't sound or feel like a transmission slip, more like an ignition cut out. Anyone else have this issue or have had and know how to fix it?

Did it a few times on my way home from work (good road conditions), then took a 800 mile trip over the weekend and had to come back in that winter storm that hit the Appalachians on Sunday (3/2). Didn't really happen on the way down with good road conditions, mainly on the way back driving through the snow. We were in 2 wheel drive the entire way on the freeway.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in snowy conditions, was the hiccup accompanied by the "slip" light flashing on the dash? if so you could have been spinning a tire and the stability/traction control was kicking and cutting power.
No, but it's been growling today going around left turns, all the ABS and TDC SLIP like it was a wheel bearing. I made sure I knocked the ice and packed snow from around the steering and it's still doing it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I have to get part. :)

Diagnosed as definitely a wheel bearing. Anyone have any suggestions on brands? I'm leaning toward deal parts but has anyone had really good luck with another brand?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Diagnosed as definitely a wheel bearing. Anyone have any suggestions on brands? I'm leaning toward deal parts but has anyone had really good luck with another brand?
Others around here have said that Nissan uses Timken bearings, so if you get those they will be OEM but cheaper.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Diagnosed as definitely a wheel bearing.
How did you get this diagnosis? Those symptoms don't make me think wheel bearing but I don't know the symptoms specific to the X wheel bearing.

Edit: just read your comment "growling going around turns" THAT sounds like wheel bearing. Still interested in how you confirmed it.

·
TNX Administrator
20,234 Posts
Resurrected Thread: This thread is from 2014 and the OP of thread was Last seen on here - Sep 3, 2014. So I don't think you'll get an answer any time soon....

·
Registered
107 Posts
DOH! I hate it when I am "that guy". I always feel like poking fun at others who seem to do that (not pay attention to post dates) all the time. This would be why I don't. Thanks for the slap to the back of my knucklehead.

·
TNX Administrator
20,234 Posts
Actually "That Guy" was chrisbarett for opening this thread in that first place, by posting something that had NOTHING to do with this thread !!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Was that the one that had something about pregnant women? Did you take that down? C'mon man that was GOLD!! LMAO

·
TNX Administrator
20,234 Posts
Yep - Returned it just for you.... :D

·
on line
136 Posts
From the article he linked about hiccups while pregnant: “Hiccups are annoying and can last some few minutes.” Lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts