Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 OR with 150 miles on it. Turns out that the transmission was defective when I drove it off the lot. It appears to me to be a defective 3rd gear synchro. Anyone else have synchro problems or gear grinding issues?

·
on line
81 Posts
I'm up over 10,500 miles on my 07 OR and I've had no problems with teh manual transmission. I haven't really seen any problems with it on the boards. Seems like you just got a diffective one from the factory.

·
on line
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MT problems

Hi, yes that's what I'm thinking. I'm not happy about it, but these things happen. I'm more interested in how the dealership is going to handle it. The service advisor wanted to drop the tranny and look for the cause. The cause is pretty obvious and there is no way that I'm going to let them take apart the tranny, rebuild it and put back in my X, which only has 150 miles on it. I let them know that my expectation is that they replace it with a new factory transmission. How the dealer and Nissan handle this is going to determine if I'm a future customer or not.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
A dealer will not rebuild the tranny. Nissan doesn't let them. They will replace it with a new tranny and then send the bad one back to Nissan to look at and find out what was wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts