Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

2006 Xterra Off Road without Locking Rear Diff and Hill Descent Control?

3243 Views 26 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Adam12SD
I've been looking at buying a 2006 Xterra Offroad version that does not have the switches for electronic locking rear diff and hill descent control. I thought these were standard. Am I missing something, or has it been re-badged?
1 - 2 of 27 Posts
They breifly made an Off Road that was 2wd. 2005 & 2006 only I believe. But I think it still came with the locking rear-end.
Reactions: 2
"Xterra Off-Road 2WD ($23,750) and 4WD ($26,050) come standard with the Utility Package and add an electronic locking rear differential, Bilstein off-road shocks, skid plates, fog lamps, 16-inch alloy off-road wheels and taller 265/75R16 B.F. Goodrich Rugged Trail all-terrain tires. Off-Road capability is further enhanced by advanced electronics: Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC), Hill Descent Control (HDC), and Hill Start Assist, all of which reduce skidding and wheel spin and maintain stability through selective application of the anti-lock braking system. A distinctive black body side molding, unique blue seat fabric, and a cargo net further distinguish Off-Road models from garden-variety Xterras. The automatic is optional ($800). "
Reactions: 1
1 - 2 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.