Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the differences between a 2006 Xterra and a 2007 model?

OK, first off, this is based on the Canadian models, so there may be differences in 'the rest of the world'. After all, the "X" model of the Xterra isn't sold in Canada, but we have the Nissan X-Trail, which isn't sold in the USA.

To make this list, I used the Nissan Canada Xterra Specifications page for the 2007 Xterra, as of November 1, 2006, compared to the same page for the 2006 Xterra, which I saved on September 27, 2006, along with the Design and Locate page for the 2007 Xterra and the 2006 Nissan Xterra brochure.

Differences between 2007 and 2006 Xterra:
- Emissions rating improved from LEV to LEV2 ULEV
- Overhead sunglasses storage: added to OR model
- Visor vanity mirrors: added to the S model
- 12-volt DC power outlets: reduced from 4 to 3 for OR and SE models [1]
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel: added to OR model
- Driver and front passenger side-impact supplemental airbags: added to OR model
- Roof-mounted curtain supplemental side-impact airbags for outboard occupants side-impact protection with rollover sensor: added to OR model
- Curb Weights are slightly higher (5 to 35 KG, depending on model and transmission)
- MSRP is slightly higher: $33,848 vs $33,748(S), $36,548 vs $35,948(OR), $37,848 vs $37,748(SE)
- "Pewter" colour changed to, or renamed to, "Pebble Beach"

[1]
The S model features 4 12-volt DC power outlets, one in the lower dash, two in the centre console, and one in the rear cargo area.
Off-Road and SE models feature 3 power outlets with 2 “live�.
The auxiliary input on SE and Off Road models with Rockford Fosgate audio system replaces one of the power outlets.

(Edited 2006/11/13 to add [1])

·
on line
1,114 Posts
pblsh!

Nothing but cosmetic crap. I didn't expect anything else.

What would I have done (for OR model only)? Keeping in mind that nothing major until a new design is released in 4 more years.

- Ditch cloth carpet for rubber flooring
- BFG A/T tires
- 16x8 Steel Rims
- Ditch the low tire pressure warning CRAP!
- Add a driver side front tow hook

To name a few

·
on line
3,484 Posts
dpatton Nice write up and really good info. I saw an X trail in my travels and I wondered what the hell that was! Maybe the plate would have gave it away. I thought it was something new in US as someone rumored it to be here once. Canada is way ahead of US in environmentally friendly. We need to get with it.

05XOR I'm with you on the ditch the low air warning! Too bad I don't have a switch for that eh! MC

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown:I just got the new Nissan SHIFT in design with all the new MODELS they offer for 2007--

--HAS ANYONE SEEN THE 07 XTERRA OFFERED WITH A MANUAL TRANSMISSION?????

-- :drunken: :drunken: --JIMBO

·
on line
29 Posts
07 Xterra MT

took delivery of my 07 OR AT. My dealer searched the surrounding 5 states and found 2 with MT, but I wanted AT,so I had to wait an extra week. Nice ride, I love it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts