Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! Yes I know the difference in axle ratios but can someone tell me if the axles are the same otherwise between a manual and auto 05 x? I’d be putting the axles and diffs from a manual into my auto. Does everything bolt up? Thanks!

·
on line
2,343 Posts
Not knowing if you are starting with the off-road package or not. P4X did not exist at this time, it was the off-road package. Those had the factory locker but the same axle design as the manual transmission.

The real easy answer is "yes". More complex, there may be different pinion yokes and the ABS sensor need to match the housing design, but the body side connection is the same. Same for brake lines, since the housing is different the had lines are slightly different as are the reatiners, but should be able to make it work. But if you get a complete donor axle with the correct driveshaft configuration, yes it will bolt right in. Get the axle stripped, you will be chasing a lot of parts.

·
Registered
779 Posts
They will bolt up as stated but they are different axles in the rear. The manuals all came with the m226 while the auto (non-or/p4x) came with a C200. The m226 is a Dana 44 derived axle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts