Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
130k miles. So far I've only replaced my front spring and shocks once at around 70k miles. Now I'm getting some clunking when I hit bumps so it's time to replace some things. I'm thinking of just replacing the whole front suspension uca, lca, springs, strut etc...

I'm not looking to lift it but might consider if the ride will be better than stock.

What brand parts would you recommend? Keep in mind, it has 130k miles so not looking to drop $2k on parts. Are Nissan OEM parts overpriced?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
630 Posts
Also, people around here sell stock suspension parts fairly often as they upgrade/lift/etc. Keep an eye out. Here are a front set of coils that were just posted, but looks like they might have a buyer.

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=87249

I've heard good things about Nisstec and have a complete OME front/rear set from them in my garage still waiting to install. Someday soon...

·
Registered
308 Posts
I just removed my stock stuff but if youre replacing I would get some fresh stuff. Nisstec has options for stock height that you could look into.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought front and rear Bilstiens 5100 series and rear shackles from Nisstec and couldn't be happier. I raised my truck 1.5 inches front and rear though. Two weeks ago I installed the front Bilsteins and rear shackles and noticed an immediate improvement on the ride. Last night I was able to finish the install and put the rear Bilsteins on. So far on my commute today I love the ride. It's so much better than stock. We'll see how they last. Nisstech's customer service was great. They even followed up with me before shipping my order to make sure everything would work with my setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts