Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend has an '05.

The roof rails are flush mount. Does anyone make crossbars for these?

There are two covers on each rail. I'm guessing they're covering mounting bolts?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply!

The OEM ones i've seen are meant to go on round rails.

Was I right about the mounting locations?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
yeah this makes no sense lol..

is it a non oem roof rack on there? or is there an addtl rack or basket on top of the oem rack?

I wouldn't exactly call the oem rails "flush mount"...

also what covers?

sorry if that sounded jerky but we need some clarification. Pics would def. help!

·
Some random dude
351 Posts
Well then... I don’t know anything other than that I believe we know it as a Rouge.
I don't believe he ever mentioned what color it was... :grin: The Rogue and X-Trail are 2 different vehicles, you could get the X-Trail up here in Canada for 2 years (or something like that) before it was replaced by the Rogue. US always just had the Rogue.

Interesting that a user claiming to be from the US has access to an X-Trail. Did your girlfriend come from Canada or Mexico?

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I don't believe he ever mentioned what color it was... :grin: The Rogue and X-Trail are 2 different vehicles, you could get the X-Trail up here in Canada for 2 years (or something like that) before it was replaced by the Rogue. US always just had the Rogue.

Interesting that a user claiming to be from the US has access to an X-Trail. Did your girlfriend come from Canada or Mexico?
If I'm not mistaken at one point you could actually buy both/either or in Mexico

·
Registered
16 Posts
The X-Trail was available here in Canada for just the 2005 and 2006 model years, and as has been mentioned dealers in the US never carried them. I drove a 2005 for about 7 years between my '99 Pathfinder and last November when I picked up my Xterra.

Due to this limited availability, by the time I bought my X-Trail used the OEM roof rack crossbars were pretty scarce unless they'd been an original option - my local Nissan dealership wasn't ever able to track them down for me. Depending on who you asked there was solution that kinda sorta fit if you could find a particular Thule foot pack, but anything aftermarket specifically for the X-Trail all seemed to be out of Australia.

That said there's currently a listing on Kijiji.ca in London, Ontario for a set of OEM X-Trail crossbars w/hardware and instructions for $150 CAD. :smile:

Cheers!

·
Some random dude
351 Posts
I'm half looking at one for a second vehicle, haven't quite needed one enough yet to justify buying, though.

My mechanic buddy that used to work at Nissan says that they were one of the better vehicles of that class due to the way they distributed power in their AWD system, makes them super good in the snow, and loads of fun to drive. Also, you can get them with a manual tranny...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Due to this limited availability, by the time I bought my X-Trail used the OEM roof rack crossbars were pretty scarce unless they'd been an original option - my local Nissan dealership wasn't ever able to track them down for me. Depending on who you asked there was solution that kinda sorta fit if you could find a particular Thule foot pack, but anything aftermarket specifically for the X-Trail all seemed to be out of Australia.

That said there's currently a listing on Kijiji.ca in London, Ontario for a set of OEM X-Trail crossbars w/hardware and instructions for $150 CAD. :smile:

Cheers!
Yes, Canadian X-Trail. Good to know about the OEM bars. I'll start looking.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
9 Participants
RobVG
Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums
We’re the best Nissan Xterra forums to talk about your Nissan Xterra Mods and off-road adventures. The New X is the ultimate club Xterra.
Full Forum Listing