Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone please help and let me know if the 2005 xterra without rockford stereo has a cd changer output- any info would be greatly appreciated

·
on line
21 Posts
I don't believe there is. However, getting in the dash and removing the stereo isn't too difficult so you can to be sure.

The Xs never had a changer option because there was no convenient place to mount one - at least from an OEM standpoint. That's the reason they offer the 6-disc, in-dash changer stereos. The only reason it might have the output would be if the same head unit was offered in other Nissans, ie Maxima or Sentra, and the changer was an option on them. But, again, I'm just not 100% sure.

·
on line
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason why I'm asking is because I installed Sirius in my truck and am getting static - not that bad but can be annoying at times. Sirius states that the BEST way to install their receiver is to have it plug directly into your vehicle's radio. So I was wondering if there are any plugs that the Sirius can plug into - i believe its a 1/8" male - thanks for the info

·
on line
1,361 Posts
I don't think there is.

You can pick up a jack that is a FM transmitter but hardwires to your antenna wire that goes into the back of the factory stereo. this way you will get the best possible reception. Not sure on the cost though as it might be just as worth while to pick up an after market head unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts