Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the dealer today and he was going to sell me 4 cam bolts for 160$ ( in Canada )....I pretty much said screw you and went online and ordered those rough country cam bolts for 20$ http://www.roughcountry.com/nissan-cam-bolts-1004.html

Maybe It's just me but the price difference scares me, it there any difference?

Oh and that would be because I'm putting a 2"daystar spacer and shackle lift

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
So I went to the dealer today and he was going to sell me 4 cam bolts for 160$ ( in Canada )....I pretty much said screw you and went online and ordered those rough country cam bolts for 20$ http://www.roughcountry.com/nissan-cam-bolts-1004.html

Maybe It's just me but the price difference scares me, it there any difference?

Oh and that would be because I'm putting a 2"daystar spacer and shackle lift
looks like these only have one cam washer on them instead of two. Idk how much of a difference it makes, but I'd rather have two.

·
on line
1,416 Posts
I would not use those so called cam bolts. The OEM and properly designed replacement cam bolts have the offset washer at both the bolt head and nut end. That way the bolt, which is the axis that the control arm rotates about, is perpendicular to the attaching flange. Cam bolts usually have a flat or groove in the bolt and a corresponding mating feature in the offset washers.

The bolts in the Rough Country catalogue only have one offset washer that appears to be booger welded to the bolt. From the picture the opening in the other washer is centered. The bolt will not be perpendicular to the flange. There will be some binding of the lower control arm that will probably be accommodated by the rubber bushings, but there will still be binding.

Jeff

·
Registered
220 Posts
Get them from Nissanraceshop.com. they sell the OEM for about 70.00. I would stay away from the nisstec, PRG or any others that are not from Nissan. The cheap ones are not grade 8 or even close and will round out snd fail, I had the ones on my truck from nisstec and after 500 miles they were already rounding out the bolts where the washer sits.

Sent from my SGH-M919

·
on line
1,416 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
MOOG Part # K80276 Problem Solver; Cam Bolt
Front Lower Strut Mount; allows 4 degrees of caster/camber adjustment, from -2 to 2 degrees

Rockauto.com $20.79 for 2 bolts.

I'm running the Moog bolts and have not had any issues.

·
on line
1,416 Posts
The Nissan bolts are sold separately. You'd need 4, 2 for each side.

Jeff

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ups went by my house yesterday and I wasn't there, they want 23$ for brokage fee after I already paid 15$ for shipping, that's starting to add up for 20$ of freakin parts. My buddy is doing a trip to seatle this christmas I'm just going to order them through him...

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Not to mention, the weld on those bolts appears to interfere with the head of the bolt...how do you get a wrench on those when the weld is in the way?

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Get them from Nissanraceshop.com. they sell the OEM for about 70.00. I would stay away from the nisstec, PRG or any others that are not from Nissan. The cheap ones are not grade 8 or even close and will round out snd fail, I had the ones on my truck from nisstec and after 500 miles they were already rounding out the bolts where the washer sits.

Sent from my SGH-M919
mdashoot-
Are you sure your bolts were tight? If you are 100% sure they were tight and never came loose, please give us a call, PM, or email. All SPC cam bolts are indeed grade 10.9 (grade 8).
Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts