Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

2" Spacer, 2" Shackle, AAL.... Your Pics Please?

5K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  jseidel40 
#1 ·
I cant find any with that specific setup. I know with the shackles at the highest setting this willprovide a substantial amount of rake, but is it like a mean stance? Or is it too much. of course all I'll get is opinions, of which I need to make my own, so pictures would do if you have them. Either way I'll be adding my aal to my shackle/spacer setup this weekend so if idk by then I'll just experiment.

#3 ·
These pics are from when I had that set up. Not too Flexy but I easily fit 285s and wheeled it for a while.

Its a good into set up if your still trying to figure out if wheeling is something you are interested in. Its cheap... its easy... and you'll stand out a little more than the rest on the road.

#4 ·
awesome. That doesnt look too bad. We'll see how it looks on mine. Like you said acasper I can always go down a notch with the shackles.

#8 ·
Cool. And with that combo maxed out in the rear, I shouldnt need extended brake lines right? How about in the future when I add the 2-4" bilsteins?

#20 ·
When it was first put in it made terrible metal cracking sounds and bangs over bumps, but i retightenned bolts after 50 miles andit stopped that. Also stopped bump noises after a while. Works for me.

#18 ·
Ha I guess I need too take a side picture when it gets light out im running bilsteins 5100 adjustable on .5 with a 2 inch spacer in front rear 1.5 inch shackles along with rancho add a leaf ill edit in a few with some pics xmas bonus time comes time for real new coilovers and UCA's

#23 ·
Yeah thats what my leafs looked like after I did the shackles. Definitely do the aal when you can its so much better, and the suspension is AMAZING!

#24 ·
That is my next project after the rear and now front bumper I can definatly tell it needs a little more support, I just have to figure the least expensive route would AAL and better shocks in the front do the trick? The X is my daily driver and my off road consist of side walks and parking lot bumps uhhhhhh.....

#25 ·
From what I can tell the aal did wonders but I feel if I had a rear bumper I'd still want an extra ummph than What I already have. AAL is less than $200, Bilstiens for 2-4" lift is under 200, and prg has those $500 coilovers that can come in "heavy duty" (HD) springs. Ask someone else though cuz I dont have them but it sounds like they dont provide lift. Just alot stronger. I still have research to do but I think my ultimate plan would be to get those, keep my spacer, then get uca's which i think would add lift too. I'm at 2" lift in the front and I wanna be happy with 3" maybe 3 1/2" without spending $900 on coilovers. Possible? maybe not but you all can let me know.

#26 ·
That is exactly where I want to be 3" or a little over just because the aggresive look and it will also provide a little more space with the larger tires, thanks for the input I will definatly consider this set up.

#27 ·
You guys are my heroes for posting this thread. I had the same question as ShakenNotStirred, I just installed 2'' spacers in the front with 3'' shackles in the rear. Love the new stance but have noticed a loud bang from the front when I go over small bumps. The one bump in particular being the speed bump out of my apartment complex. I have stock suspension otherwise....is that my problem? I have heard about Bilstiens....is that what Im guessing will solve my issue?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.