Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant find any with that specific setup. I know with the shackles at the highest setting this willprovide a substantial amount of rake, but is it like a mean stance? Or is it too much. of course all I'll get is opinions, of which I need to make my own, so pictures would do if you have them. Either way I'll be adding my aal to my shackle/spacer setup this weekend so if idk by then I'll just experiment.

·
on line
8,599 Posts
It will have a good bit of rake. Do you have adjustable shackles? If it's to much, then go lower with the shackle.
If u don't then u could put the stock shackles back on.

Obviously your about to find out if u like it or not.
I don't think to many people are runnin that setup.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
These pics are from when I had that set up. Not too Flexy but I easily fit 285s and wheeled it for a while.

Its a good into set up if your still trying to figure out if wheeling is something you are interested in. Its cheap... its easy... and you'll stand out a little more than the rest on the road.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome. That doesnt look too bad. We'll see how it looks on mine. Like you said acasper I can always go down a notch with the shackles.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
just remember that the suspension is going to settle in the rear. so it might look high at first but it should settle about a 1/2 inch

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
That's exactly what I have on my X. If I remember, I'll post some pictures tomorrow when it's light outside

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool. And with that combo maxed out in the rear, I shouldnt need extended brake lines right? How about in the future when I add the 2-4" bilsteins?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Cool. And with that combo maxed out in the rear, I shouldnt need extended brake lines right? How about in the future when I add the 2-4" bilsteins?
I had the 2-4 in in there now. never needed to extend the lines. stock leafs wont give you enough to rip or stretch a line.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Without all the gear in it for Moab, the rear sits a little higher, but here's a picture.

EDIT: those are 285/75r16 tires and I'm the one on the left

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sweet

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heres the pics of it. I got it done yesterday. Looks great and im sure it will settle a bit with time. Thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ha I guess I need too take a side picture when it gets light out im running bilsteins 5100 adjustable on .5 with a 2 inch spacer in front rear 1.5 inch shackles along with rancho add a leaf ill edit in a few with some pics xmas bonus time comes time for real new coilovers and UCA's

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice setup! Are you experiencing any noises up front when going over bumps from the 2" spacers?
When it was first put in it made terrible metal cracking sounds and bangs over bumps, but i retightenned bolts after 50 miles andit stopped that. Also stopped bump noises after a while. Works for me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts