Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I realize Dan may not be back yet, when he is back please respond to this thread.

Dan posted on the "other" forum asking for interest in a 2 inch body lift. The original post is from January and doesn't give much information about why he was gatering interest. Was this something Dan was trying to convince AC to produce a 2 inch lift? I did a search for body lift BL and 2 on this site, but found nothing. Does anyone have more information on a possibility of a 2 inch body lift?

·
on line
2,938 Posts
I think it is from january 2006. It would be nice, but doesn't look like it will happen soon.

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I didn't see that his post was from last year. My question is pretty much answered then. I see that I can delete individual posts, How do I delete the whole thread?

·
on line
2,938 Posts
I can delete it, but I won't because it is a useful thread.

·
on line
807 Posts
Get 4crawler to make it, they are cheaper and MUCH higher quality. Also, they will do anything you want, ie. any size you want up to 3", only the relocation brackets that you want, etc. Its all customizable.
I forget the url, but just google 4crawler, it is probably just 4crawler.com
The website is kind of lame, but they do great work, the tacoma guys swear by his bodylifts.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Problem is, who is going to spec what is needed? Unlike a Jeep, a BL for a new X is going to be pretty complex. A lot more than just some body mount pucks.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Order the three inch body lift from AC.... Get all the specs on all the pieces that you need (excluding the steering columb since that wont need to be extended for a 2" bl)..... then return it!!!

Hey its wrong... but chicks do it with dresses and stuff so why cant we do it with our trucks.

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problem is I don't think the X will fit in my 7 foot garage with a 3 inch body lift and the suspension lifts that I have been thinking about.

The last post gave me an idea. I wonder if we could order the 3 inch from AC and then find some 2 inch spacers to use instead? Sure the bolts would be 1 inch too long but they could be cut or replaced.

AC doesn't list the picture of the parts for the 3 inch lift on the 05+ models. I am sure it is more than just spacers and bolts. I wonder if the 3 inch kit could be retro-fitted to a 2 inch lift.

·
on line
262 Posts
Know this is an old thread but I recently had the same idea of purchasing a 3 inch BL from AC then converting to 2 inch. Here is the reply I got (good response time, sent question Sat got reply at 12AM sunday morning)

Thank you for your interest in our products. You will have to have
different extension for steering shaft and you will also need different
bumper brackets which are only available for 3" body lift. Also the bolts
would have to be shorter and many other brackets that are made specifically
for 3" body lift will have to be reengineered.
If we can be of any further assistance or you wish to order, call or you can
order on line at www.4x4parts.com

Thank you

Mike V.
Automotive Customizers
1700 NW 22nd Court #2
Pompano Beach FL 33069
954-971-3510

·
on line
1,340 Posts
Get 4crawler to make it, they are cheaper and MUCH higher quality. Also, they will do anything you want, ie. any size you want up to 3", only the relocation brackets that you want, etc. Its all customizable.
I forget the url, but just google 4crawler, it is probably just 4crawler.com
The website is kind of lame, but they do great work, the tacoma guys swear by his bodylifts.
There are probably 20 Frontiers using their 2" body lift by now.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Yup. Since the X and Frontier share a lot as is, a lot more is probably the same. Like bolt sizes and thread pitch for the body mounts. So there is some of the work if its all the same...which is should be.

·
on line
262 Posts
Well I'm going to take some measurements this coming week and send them to 4crawler to have them make a custom 2 inch lift for us. If anyone already has a parts list or other information about our body mounts/ brackets/etc please let me know.
Here is what needs to be done for 4crawler to begin producing this lift for us- http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/BodyLiftKit.shtml#FAQ5

-Pete

·
on line
262 Posts
Does anyone know how to get to the body mount bolts? I took out the carpet to look for the tops of the bolts and all I saw was the floor of my X, no bolts. So im guessing there is some other way of removing the body mount bolts.

·
on line
1,165 Posts
i heard it is easier to install a 3" than a 2" BL, how much truth is there to this? i wonder if we can do a group buy?

·
on line
262 Posts
First the reason im set on a 2"BL is that shrockworks doesnt recommend more then 2 inches for their bumpers (loss of strength at mounting points)
Well the problem is no one makes a 2 inch lift for us. Im trying to get a parts list together for a 2 inch lift them turn the list in to 4crawler.com and have them make a 2 inch lift for our Xterras.
But even if we had a 2 inch kit available i doubt the 3 inch would be easier then 2

Update on my progress
found a parts list for the 3inch BL, it appears that the easy part would be getting shorter bolts and 2 inch spacers
the trouble arrises when fabricating bumper mounts and radiator mounts. I think I will get around most of this problem by using the shrockworks bumpers designed for a 2 inch BL (uses different mounting location then stock bumper anyway) this would only leave fabrication of radiator drop mounts. Actually ill prob have them fab up a shifter extension and steering linkage extension as well.

I'm still having trouble removing the body mount bolts, beginning to think they screw into the body, not through the body into a nut

1 - 17 of 17 Posts