Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been doing my reading and know what I want. I'd like new coilovers in the front, and new leaf packs in the back. I'd like to get about 2-2.5 inches, but mostly I'm going for a stiffer ride. I'm tired of bottoming out when I go over bumps. I've added a shrock rear and hefty is currently working on my front. However, I'm new to lofts and am looking for kits that are more or less bolt on. What kits have you guys tried? What have been pro's and cons? What do I need to be sure and avoid?

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
What's your budget?
What about a full Old Man Emu kit?

OME coilovers
OME leaf springs
OME shocks
For good measure you could throw in some aftermarket UCAs and have a pretty sweet suspension.

Edit:
Something like this I wouldn't say you'd go wrong with. I know quite a few people running OME products and have always heard good things about them though I have never run them myself.
http://nissteclifts.com/index.php?p...tegory_id=173&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72

The only part that's not "bolt on" per se is the coilovers (although for $110 extra you can order fully assembled coilovers). You'd need a shop to compress your current springs to get the top plates off of them. Really isn't that big of a deal though.
No matter what you do, I would get the OME leaf springs. You stated you wanted new leaf springs and for the lift you want...to me personally anyway...they are more suited to that request than say Alcans.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd like to keep the budget reasonable, but ease of install, and quality are my primary concerns before cheap.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
I was actually looking at those, do you think those plus UCAs and I'd be good? Also, with aftermarket front and rear, how much lift do you think that kit would provide?
Well, the kit claims that it goes 1.5" in the front and 2" in the rear, you'd probably get right around there with the bumpers. I'm sure you'd lose some height with the extra weight, I'm also sure that varies so I have no idea what to tell you that you will lose.

Technically you wouldn't need UCAs with this kit as it's only 1.5" in the front. You could always do like 21SF said and run Radflos for some more height and then get UCAs as well. Entirely up to you.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Uca (spc, PRG, tc, etc.)
Radflo (2.0-2.5)
Ome leaf pack
Adj shackles (nisstec, PRG)
Rear rad flo's
All bolt on, all quality. Done.

If you want it fast go with nisstec.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
That's a good way to go but at that cost why not add another grand and do a full TS swap?

If you want stiff and cheap go with the adjustable height billstines

if you want a nice comfortable ride and "cheap" go with the emus. I personally love the OME.

if you want nice all around but not cheap. what 21sf said is right on the money imo

you wanna do it right and money isn't that big of a deal, do a full TS swap.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a good way to go but at that cost why not add another grand and do a full TS swap?

you wanna do it right and money isn't that big of a deal, do a full TS swap.
A full titan swap is about $3000 right? That's a bit out of my price, I was looking to be in the $1500 range. I'd love to have it swapped, but I think they is out of my comfort zone skill wise, and a bit more than I'm willing to take on.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
A full titan swap is about $3000 right? That's a bit out of my price, I was looking to be in the $1500 range. I'd love to have it swapped, but I think they is out of my comfort zone skill wise, and a bit more than I'm willing to take on.
Call Nisstec and either do their Nisstec Ultimate or the Ultimate Extended travel. Yes the TS will run you abt 3K..

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does Nisstech do airbags for the back? who has had goor/bad experiences with them? I was just thinking if I had those in back, and adjustable radflos in the front, everything would be fully adjustable. I do like the Ultimate packages by nisstec, I may have to call them and upgrade to a full leaf pack instead of an add a leaf.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Does Nisstech do airbags for the back? who has had goor/bad experiences with them? I was just thinking if I had those in back, and adjustable radflos in the front, everything would be fully adjustable. I do like the Ultimate packages by nisstec, I may have to call them and upgrade to a full leaf pack instead of an add a leaf.
I believe a member by the name of greenxman has had some pretty wonderful experiences with airbags. I'm sure he'll tell you all about it;)

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Also, don't listen to the titan swap crap. I am swapped and I love it. You would love it too, but it's not even close to what you were asking about. Totally separate entities.

You're an S model too so you would be in the same boat as me when I did my titan swap. If you want an M205 you have to pay for a rear axle too. That's a lot more than $3k. If you don't buy an axle you need to buy extended axles to keep the R180.

Not trying to rain on any parades here, but in my opinion you were on the right track with the lift ideas we discussed at the beginning and were doing the proper homework to make an educated decision.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Ultimate package may be a bit out of my range because when I look at adding a leaf pack instead of the AAL, its sneaking up over 2K

·
Registered
407 Posts
If you're looking at airbags I know Bliss_X just did them and he really liked how they came out and were performing at the Shocker Run. May want to PM him about that option if you're interested in airbags.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts