Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
on line
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine did. Stuck it in 4HI and made it home no problem, a little slippage, but nothing cumbersome. God bless the Xterra, and the shitty weather that our trucks shine in.

·
on line
3,331 Posts
Drove the whole way home in 2wheel and relied on the good ol vdc to take care of me... It barely slipped at all. Def loving the X... and to think I almost traded her in for a MazdaSpeed3(If the mazda was all wheel drive I might have been sold tho)

·
on line
1,084 Posts
Kept the girl in 2wd for all 40 miles home from work. Only had a little trouble stopping at some of the lights after the highway driving. The girl seemed to want to slide to the left like she was doing the cha cha slide...( sorry referencing back to the catering hall days)

·
on line
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^ yea Whenever I'm filling up and paying $55-60 I tihnk about how much I'd like to trade in the Xterra for a GTI or Civic, but then aling comes shitty weather or a time when i need to haul around bikes, and I realize that the X and I were truly meant to be. Even when the wheather is nice, the sound of the 4.0L V6 going through the gears makes it all worth it.

·
on line
331 Posts
I live in the North Country of New York. We get more snow here than almost anywhere. My X is 2wd, and I drive 25 miles each way for work. I have driven through light snow, deep snow(more than a foot), and ice with no problems. Most mornings I beat the plows out. In my opinion 4wd is not necessary for traveling on roads.

·
on line
750 Posts
A few weeks back we got 19 inches of snow overnight. My neighbors were probably hating me while I romped the X in the snow as they dug their cars out.

·
on line
610 Posts
Couple inches of snow here. I always use my 4x4 whenever theres snow or heavy rain, the Xterra gives nice peace of mind. My previous vehicle 98 Honda Civic was capable in the snow, but I had to smoke the clutch/tires a few times to get out of some slippery situations. Tough little car.

·
on line
139 Posts
tim13con said:
(If the mazda was all wheel drive I might have been sold tho)
You and me both!

Forget weight savings -- that thing could've made a great rally-ready hatch back (although in all honesty it probably still is).

D-Rock

·
on line
616 Posts
We got ice. No problem for the X. I did slip it into 4wd as the bridges started getting slick. The best thing I did is get off the main roads. Otherwise I still might be sitting in traffic.

-Old Army

·
on line
27 Posts
By the time i got up to leave the house for work it was heavy rain up here in MA, but the melting snow and clogged drains made for some really fun street flooding. Up to the top of the tires in some places (and i was on the main roads)

Here's hoping the DPW crews DON'T clear the drains by time I head home!

·
Super Moderator
2,600 Posts
stereo_freak1 said:
By the time i got up to leave the house for work it was heavy rain up here in MA, but the melting snow and clogged drains made for some really fun street flooding. Up to the top of the tires in some places (and i was on the main roads)

Where in MA are you?

·
on line
27 Posts
Where in MA are you?
Holyoke/ Chicopee - where Mass Pike and Rt 91 meet

·
on line
47 Posts
mtdewmike said:
stereo_freak1 said:

Where in MA are you?
I'm right in Boston and this morning the back roads were more of that heavy wet snow but my wife made it to work in Weymouth in 2wd. This evening the drains were actually bubbling they were all so flooded. Saw a few cars get stuck.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
santacruzed said:
mcampana said:
pwned? How the ef do you pwned something? Am i not hip to the youngsters lingo anymore?
I believe it was derived from "owned", if you miss the o on the keyboard you get "pwned". It has just turned into its own word.
yaa, if shakespeare can do it, we can too

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Don't worry MC, they can't undrestamd ys either !!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

1 - 20 of 25 Posts