Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find it now, but I remember reading that all 1st gen Titans have the m266 12bolt rear that is shared with manual tranny off road package Xterra?

Also remember reading that the 1st get Titans have the same tranny mount as all 4wd Xterra?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I believe you are correct on the m226 BUT it is wider than the X m226 and it’s an axle under spring set up where the X is an axle over spring. With enough fab work you can probably get it to work but it’s not a direct swap.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The purpose of my question is aimed at the diff covers and tranny mounts. I think they're all the same part when getting aftermarket upgraded pieces?

·
on line
2,413 Posts
Cover, you are correct, mostly. Only the '04 Titan had the steel cover, '05 and newer were a finned aluminum. They work, I use one. But you have to fab up a park brake cable bracket.

For the transmission mount, pretty sure you still need a 4WD mount to swap into a 4WD. Don't count on a 2WD Titan transmission mount working.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Do you happen to have a pic of your fabbed bracket?

I see those titan m226 finned covers on eBay alot. New ones are cheap, around $70. I might go with that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts