Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
on line
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to admit when I bought the new X a few months back I was squeemish about what it might cost me in gas. Don't get me wrong, I knew it was going to cost more than my Grand Am and I knew what I was getting into.

Well I took her on her first extended road trip over the holiday weekend. My youngest daughter and I drove from St Louis to Atlanta, then Atlanta to Hilton Head Island, SC, back to Atlanta, and back to St Louis. We covered a tick over 1,700 miles on the trip. A portion of the trip included the mountains in and around the Chattanooga area. It was 99% highway miles and I averaged 23.2 miles per gallon! I also want to say that it was an incredibly comfortable and quiet ride. Buying this thing was the best decision I could have made and I am very pleased! :cheers:

·
on line
1,361 Posts
impressive. I have a 1200 mile road trip planned around xmas in mine and I am waiting to see what kind of mileage it gets. Although I have noticed on my commutes to work with the winter gas I have lost 2 mpg just from the switch in gas.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
I can still get about 17mpg on the highway with 285/75 tires and a lift. Not too bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts