Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been browsing for a while and just signed up. Great site!! Question: 4wheelparts and another website sell a Moto Metal 951b in a new 18x9 size. +30 offset 5.18 Backspacing. They claim they fit an '06 xterra. One website gives a money back guarantee if they don't. Here's the link: http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT244680.aspx I want to run 285/60R18 tires. I will do the heat gun mod. Do you think they will fit and clear the calipers? I saw a pic of a guy on this site running 20" Moto Metal 951b wheels. Anyone know who that is and what backspacking/offset he has? Thanks!

·
on line
3,262 Posts
If you go with the 18" wheel i dont see how they wouldnt fit. The larger the wheel the more room you have on the inside of the wheel (where the calipers and other brake components are located). I think that any 18" wheel, no matter what brand, would fit our Xterras. Just remember to get the right lug pattern.

Im not sure about the size tire. Im an idiot when it comes to calculating tire size from metric units. but if they are equivilant to 33" tires you shouldnt have a problem even if you dont have a lift. BUT with a different offset and back spacing you might have some fitment issues with the tires rubbing if you dont have a lift.

Someone else chime in here to give their opinion

·
on line
844 Posts
remember that they have to clear the caliper in the front, pretty much any wheel would fit the rear but the front is touchy...

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Just because they are 18" doesn't mean they will fit. The problem isn't clearing the ouside of the calipers, it's the hub pad mount and clearing the inside of the calipers (this is why spacers work).

The best suggestion I can give with wheels that are not confirmed to fit is to buy one and try. Just be sure you can return it if it doesn't fit. I am stuck with two different AR wheels that the store refuses to return.

·
on line
259 Posts
dragonplayboy said:
yeah I bought just one of mine and it worked out so I got 3 more.
but dont get his wheels, cause that would be like wearing the same shirt as him...which is ***.

:blackeye:

·
on line
7 Posts
These wheels are a direct fit no rubbing and no adjustments needed. They have the bolt pattern and the correct off set, here is the size: (20x8.5, 6-4.5 wheels and tires 285/50R-20)
Thanks for all the comments!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts