Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
on line
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wanted to let u know over here too since u share the same crappy selection of rims lol , but im getting a custom 16" steel rim made up with less offset in a 16x8 here is a pic of what they look like
http://discounttires.com/product_de...wZmVlYjhjYjc5MjJhYzNjNGQ4ZDlkMTg=&prodID=1507

everything looks like it will work , enough space for caliper , if it works ill order the rest and also keep u informed , they run about 80 a piece

·
on line
358 Posts
Keep us informed. I wonder if a group buy would help the price, not that the price is that bad. BS usualy isn't the problem it is the lug pattern.

What is the BS on the stock wheels? You deffinitly don't more BS then them or you will have tires rubbing on suspension parts. A 8" wide wheel would push the tire out an inch if the BS was the same as stock. That would look good. Should bring the tire to the edge of the fender, nice!

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Damn, I would be interested in buying a set for sure. I love steelies...

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I was in contact with Stockton Wheels back 2 years ago. They wanted way too much for a wheel that they would not guarantee would fit (meaning they would not let me order just one, test fit and return if it did not fit). That turned me off of them, so I never pursued it. If you do a search, you'll find my thread on the topic.

·
on line
5,614 Posts
Muzikman said:
I was in contact with Stockton Wheels back 2 years ago. They wanted way too much for a wheel that they would not guarantee would fit (meaning they would not let me order just one, test fit and return if it did not fit). That turned me off of them, so I never pursued it. If you do a search, you'll find my thread on the topic.
So, you would expect that a company take the risk of their time and expense to build a wheel to your specs and if it didn't fit, you would want them to eat it ? Is that correct ? Please let me know if you find a company that will do that.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Ummm, yeah, when your entire business is making custom made stuff, if it doesn't fit, you bet I would want to return it.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Gerdo said:
BS usualy isn't the problem it is the lug pattern.
Acutally its not the lug pattern that is the problem, its the size of the hub pad... it needs to be thicker than most aftermarket companies make it so it clears the calipers. (Like Muzik said)

·
on line
1,231 Posts
Muzikman said:
Problem is they can't change the hub mount face. They told me it should work, but they couldn't guarantee it.
Could somebody local to Stockton drive over there and let them do some measurements? Then they can say for sure whether it'll fit or not. Then, we'd have another option for wheels! YAY

·
on line
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok just to clear up some things lol , i did get less offeset , factory offset is
5-1/2 i ordered 4-1/2 offset with a 16x8 rim which will stick the tire out about 2 inches and also moves it away from the frame about 1" because i was rubbing on the bed spacers fully flexed

also bolt pattern isnt the biggest thing i was worried about its the clearance inside the rim to clear the caliper , i brought an se rim to them and we measured against one of the rims he had there but for a ford in an 16" everything looks like it will work so i only ordered one for now cause i can live with loosing 80 it sucks yeah buts it better than 320 all together

but ill keep u informed as to whats goin on

·
on line
1,206 Posts
^^ Nice, let us know what the outcome is for sure.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts