Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my second big road trip in the X. Cruising about 72mph the whole way with the AC on, I got around 22.5 miles per gallon. Best I saw was 23.5 but that was probably due to putting more or less gas in the tank. Worst I saw was 20.5 again probably due to more or less gas but all in all 22.5 was the average. Not to bad for a brick on wheels :geek:

I also learned that you when my gas gauge gets close to E, I still have about 5 gallons left.

Anyway, glad to be back.

·
on line
4,919 Posts
Yeah, I usually find that driving highway, I get around 40 miles after the fuel light turns on. I haven't pushed it further than that since after fill-up, I put in 18.6 gal. I am doing a 3000 mi trip the last week in August (Boston to San Diego) and looking forward to it; the longest trip I have taken in it so far was around 800mi

·
on line
975 Posts
lostboy said:
This was my second big road trip in the X. Cruising about 72mph the whole way with the AC on, I got around 22.5 miles per gallon. Best I saw was 23.5 but that was probably due to putting more or less gas in the tank. Worst I saw was 20.5 again probably due to more or less gas but all in all 22.5 was the average. Not to bad for a brick on wheels :geek:

I also learned that you when my gas gauge gets close to E, I still have about 5 gallons left.

Anyway, glad to be back.
As XVTer was saying, I'm also about to do a 3000+ mile trip, actually leaving on Sat. But, I have a question for you. Were you loaded down at all? We are camping for roughly 2 weeks, traveling to Northeastern Oregon, i.e. Hells Canyon, and then back down the Oregon/California coast to L.A. Just trying to figure out the gas milage that we will be getting. I have set enough money aside for gas to cover 10-12 tanks at 300 mile per tank at $3.50 per gallon, just trying to make sure thats enough.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a baby and 3 adults for the first half of the trip and the 2nd half only 2 adults and a baby. the back was loaded down with about 150lbs on the first half and probably 250lbs on the way back. But we dropped off a 120lb person so we were actually a bit lighter on the way back.

I cruised at 72mph most of the time in 6th on the way there and 75mph in 6th on the way back.

I was going about 360 miles before a fill up then my gas gauge was low only to notice that I put in 16 gallons and it was full, could have went another 80 and been safe :geek:

·
on line
975 Posts
Cool, good to know. I'm hoping to get about 19 average.

·
on line
56 Posts
im 6 ft - 275 lbs........ i have to gas up every 40 miles. (jk. not funny, i know)

Actually, i drove from the San Fernando Valley to Gilroy, CA and had almost a 1/8 a tank to spare once there. It was a good 4 hour drive at 70 MPH average with two of us (275 lbs / 225lbs) and light luggage. Not bad.

·
on line
18 Posts
I am taking a 1500 mi trip next week with a canoe starped to the rack and about 300lbs of gear inside. It will be intersesting to see what I get for mileage. I will let you guys know when I get back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts