Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, is 130 thousand miles too many to install a lift kit on a pretty well maintained 2011 Xterra S ?

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
ya, its still pretty new. Might want to break it in some more before you mess with it :)

Seriosly - perfect time - your original suspension is likely shot anyway.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
i lifted mine about 2" at right around the same mileage. go for it! its probably due for a refreshed suspension anyways!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, sounds good. I'm thinking about lifting it about 2" as well. Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to start ordering stuff...my bank account isn't as excited. Ha,ha,ha

·
Registered - From Westminster, CA, USA
254 Posts
I did a 2” lift at 135k and I really like it.
Went with the Alldogs offroad kit and it was affordable and does what I need it too

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just put on a full (leaf springs, coils, shocks) medium OME lift at 119k on my 2011 to go with a Shrockworks rear bumper, sliders, and a full heavy skid package. The rear suspension had sagged about an inch, and the new lift put it up about an inch over stock with all the weight that had been added. Now it rides and drives great! Just don't forget to also do the usual other maintenance stuff (if you haven't already) like the cam and crank sensors and replace any hoses (especially the heater valves) needed to keep it running without problems. I look forward to driving my Xterra for another 100k.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Bought my Xterra bone at stock at 130k and lifted it. Tons of life left in these rigs at that point. No reason not to have fun with them, long as it runs good and is reliable. Only thing I wish I'd done differently is gone with a titan swap to begin with. My suspension is almost ready for another overhaul at 200k and Titan swap it will be.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
I find it funny when people say "100k? Oh it hasn't even been broken in yet".
And then... "200k? You'll be replacing quite a few parts so it might become unreliable. Late in it's life."

But no, 130k is fine to start modifying. Get up to 180-190k and it starts to become not worth it to heavily modify IMO, especially depending on where you are located since rust and repairs can start eating away at you. I TSed at 210k and sold it shortly thereafter. Still going to this day with 260k-ish on it apparently.

So yeah, modify your X and drive it across the country. Plenty of life left.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I find it funny when people say "100k? Oh it hasn't even been broken in yet".
And then... "200k? You'll be replacing quite a few parts so it might become unreliable. Late in it's life."

But no, 130k is fine to start modifying. Get up to 180-190k and it starts to become not worth it to heavily modify IMO, especially depending on where you are located since rust and repairs can start eating away at you. I TSed at 210k and sold it shortly thereafter. Still going to this day with 260k-ish on it apparently.

So yeah, modify your X and drive it across the country. Plenty of life left.
Yeah, Still a lot of folks out there from the era when cars weren't expected to go much farther than 100K or so without major issues/repairs. Those times are long gone though. Similar situation with the old adage that oil must be changed every 3k. When modern cars and oils are meant to go around 5k or even a lot more in some cases. A lot of advancements in vehicle design and longevity, and it just takes time for the mindset and passed-along knowledge to catch up.

·
Registered
6 inch suspension lift with 33" tires and ShockWorks front bumper, sliders, and skid plates.s.
160 Posts
If you have it done by an honest shop, they will ask to inspect your vehicle before taking a deposit/scheduling an appointment.

I had a six inch lift done at 108k plus miles and do not regret it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts