Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really didn't see anything written about this so I'm starting this thread. My new '13 has completely different headrests than my '06. It doesnt allow for the seats to fold forward unless they are removed which is stupid. My '06 folded nicely with them in. Anyone know where to score the old headrests? And yes I searched ebay, I'm looking for if anyone here would sell a set or know what else would fit.

·
Registered
433 Posts
The head rests switched in 2012. (my 2011 had the smaller ones, my 2012 has big ones). Mine are in a box with my mud flaps in my basement.

junk yard might be your best bet to find them.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I keep mine in the cargo-area box, under the trap door. They just fit when you put them as far forward as possible -- and then they're available for rear-seat passengers as needed. HPH

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I keep mine in the cargo-area box, under the trap door. They just fit when you put them as far forward as possible -- and then they're available for rear-seat passengers as needed. HPH
That's prime real estate in my X. I'd hit up a junkyard for some older model head rests.

·
Banned
4,806 Posts

I've been trying to find different places/systems to store them for years now to no avail. I've never tried the trap door though, I have the older small ones though. I'll have to see if they fit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I actually saw some in a junkyard the other day and thought about picking them up for someone that wanted the smaller ones. But they were a little dirty so I left them.

They are $90 each from the dealer.

·
on line
774 Posts
This drives me absolutely nuts on my 2012 and I loved my 2006's I want to replace my seats and headrest with the old ones!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yeah they are fricken huge. Supposed to be "safer", but nobody rides in my back seats very often. I do this with mine.

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
595 Posts
I kinda like the big ones...lol. Though I'll admit, they are a PITA to have to remove them from the vehicle when folding down the seats. However, I have my kids in the back regularly, so if they're safer, I'm good with that.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
I really didn't see anything written about this so I'm starting this thread. My new '13 has completely different headrests than my '06. It doesnt allow for the seats to fold forward unless they are removed which is stupid. My '06 folded nicely with them in. Anyone know where to score the old headrests? And yes I searched ebay, I'm looking for if anyone here would sell a set or know what else would fit.
There is some for sale for $40 right here: Get 'em! http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1589673#post1589673

1 - 20 of 44 Posts