Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered as much as I can from Jim.

Front Bumper
Sliders
Skids
Diff Cover
Syn Line and Alum Fairlead
and Finally
Rear Bumper

Totally forgot all about the bumper I ordered March 26th until I got an E-mail from them with the tracking #.
It's been sitting at my shop for a little over a week so about 7 weeks to get it here from order date.

I installed it Sunday night at 11pm ( I just couldn't wait till Friday ).

I had a couple small issues.

1 - Not an issue but Shrock changed the Nylon washers to Zinc coated washers for the Tire carrier hinge. I was looking for those things for hours as I kept installing the bumper. ( Never install a Bumper after working 18 hrs cuz you get a little crazy ) So I cut out some washers out of some plastic lids so I wouldn't grind away the powder coat on the hinge.

That's what I get for reading the instructions too close and not remembering that Jim likes to make changes to the product from time to time for the better.

2 - The Latch - I mounted it up so it was locked to help me hold it in place. Come to find out that the the plate it latches to was a little tweaked in so I could not get it unlocked after I put the bolt in the hinge. ( Unbolt and with a little help from a hammer and 4x4 post all is good.

All in all it was a Very smooth install

I did loose about 1" of lift in the rear after the install so from center of hub to fender with 285 75 R16 and a Day Star lift I am

F - 20.25
R - 20.75

I am having some issues with the rear end in that it feels like it's bottoming out on bigger bumps. I have the Day Star Shackles in the rear with longer 5150 Bils but I still have the stock springs.

Are the rest of you guys with the Shrock rear bumper running stock springs or have all of you jumped up to Alcan or AAL?

Thanks in advance

DaveP

·
on line
2,938 Posts
It is a dam shame that truck enjoy's nothing but pavement.

:bootyshake:

·
on line
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know, I know and I do say sorry to her every day that I do drive.

I'm all Paid up for ECXC so this will be her first Real time out on the trail.

I'm just glad you don't know where I park my X when I do head out of town for months on end.

I could see reading someone got all Shrocked and go to pick up my X and it's got all the Stock bumpers and skids back on w/ the mud flaps.

·
on line
1,716 Posts
XterraVT said:

I'm just glad you don't know where I park my X when I do head out of town for months on end.

I could see reading someone got all Shrocked and go to pick up my X and it's got all the Stock bumpers and skids back on w/ the mud flaps.
No one would do that to you...they would leave the mud flaps off. :geek:

·
on line
2,938 Posts
JAdams said:
XterraVT said:

No one would do that to you...they would leave the mud flaps off. :geek:
Oh I would. I drove past your shop a few weeks ago and there was no X.

Well chances are I won't be at ECXC this year. If I am I will probably a passenger.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
XterraVT said:
Are the rest of you guys with the Shrock rear bumper running stock springs or have all of you jumped up to Alcan or AAL?

Thanks in advance

DaveP
I was running the AC shackles when i first put mine on and needless to the rear was like mush but i never pushed it so didn't really experience any contact.
I now have Alcan's that i ordered with 4" lift and 50lb over stock spring rate... the +50lbs was not nearly enough. Granted i have a 33/12.5/17" spare and about 50lbs of tools in addition to the bumper.
If you order Alcan's don't get any less than 100lb increase, I would probably go +150 if i did it again and you'd still probably have a pretty nice ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts