Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am wanting to level my X. it is currently at stock height and i'm ok with that. But i am NOT ok with rake. Currently it looks like the front needs to come up 1". What are my options for a 1" lift up front? I have a 1/4" spacer I can put on my stock front shocks now that will suposidly give me 1/2" of lift but just exploring other options before I tear the front end down for nothing. I know it is the largest spacer I can fit on the stock studs on top of the strut without going to a 2" spacer (which is more than level).

Are the stock Pro4X front springs/struts taller ? Should I just put this spacer in and see how it looks? Just looking for ideas ...

*UPDATE* see post 9

·
Registered
277 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ive read those threads, the first one does not answer my question about the 1/2" lift spacer. and I don't really need info on travel. I just want to level my X without a full lift. If anyone has any real world experience on the smaller spacer on the stock shocks please let me know. I've been here long enough to have read all the stickies and I know how to search.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Dang bro I was just trying to be helpful. I linked the second about ride quality more than the travel specs, but whatever hope you figure it out.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
so will the 1/4" spacer level it enough or should i look for another option? If I wanted to get a 1" spacer how hard is it to replace the studs?
If you look at all the top spacer height dimensions and also the amount of lift claimed by the manufacturer, they all fall into a ratio of about 1.65:1. A 1 inch spacer would give 1.65" (typically) of lift. Your 1/4" spacer would raise the front end 0.25" x 1.65 = ~0.4 inches. If you want a 1 inch lift in the front, you'd need a 0.6" spacer.

There are a few threads about replacing the studs. Finding ones that you don't have to tack weld into place is the problem.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys , spacer went in today with no problems , 40 minutes from the time I opened the garage door until the wheels where torqued back on. Didn't even have to take off the spindle .

- wheels off
- unbolt swaybar
- bottom shock bolt
- 3 top shock nuts
- drop shock out and slide on spacer
- reverse

Now perfectly level with no lift.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 9 of 9 Posts