Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just put on 1.5" wheel spacers with a 2"BL and I had to remove the splash guard and bend the fender lip just to make sure the tires wouldn't rub on the stock Rugged Trails (31's) and stock P4X rims. Anyone else have this problem?

BTW, the X looks great with the wheels out an extra inch and half.

Sn0

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I'm surprised you have to do that much with a lift and stock tires.

I have 1.5" spacers and stock size Duratracs (the tread is deeper than stock tires though) and only had to do the melt mod, nothing more, and that was without any lift.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could have done just the melt mod, but it would have rubbed on the plastic at the fender...I didn't mind hitting the fender in, as I will be cutting it for the 35's, but just thought it was curious that I had to bend the fender lip about half an inch.

Sn0

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
yeah, i took about 3" off of the fender at the bottom.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, i took about 3" off of the fender at the bottom.
I will be TS'ing the Xterra this winter (obviously getting rid of the front Wheel Spacers)...so I wonder if I'll have even more fender to cut when I add the 35's at the same time. Someone recommended just putting a flat fender, but I like my esthetics!

Sn0

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
I will be TS'ing the Xterra this winter (obviously getting rid of the front Wheel Spacers)...so I wonder if I'll have even more fender to cut when I add the 35's at the same time. Someone recommended just putting a flat fender, but I like my esthetics!

Sn0
yeah, you will need trimmage. the t-swap is even widen than the spacers. and the larger rubber will hit that fender even more

·
Registered
152 Posts
This is a timely topic, I actually just ordered a set of 1.5" spacers today. Stock height right now with 285/70/17 (33") nitto terra grapplers and melt mod.

I have a 2.5" suspension lift in the near term plans. Will I need to cut metal to make these spacers work at stock height? How about post-lift?

Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is a timely topic, I actually just ordered a set of 1.5" spacers today. Stock height right now with 285/70/17 (33") nitto terra grapplers and melt mod.

I have a 2.5" suspension lift in the near term plans. Will I need to cut metal to make these spacers work at stock height? How about post-lift?

Thanks

IF you case is anything like mine, then you will have too, or you can just pound the metal on the inside of the fender back.

Sn0

·
Registered
152 Posts
If its just a matter of rolling the fender lip thats no problem, I've had to do that on a few sports cars I've fitted wider tires to. Trying to avoid cutting if possible. If that means I don't install the spacers until after the lift, then no problem I can wait.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If its just a matter of rolling the fender lip thats no problem, I've had to do that on a few sports cars I've fitted wider tires to. Trying to avoid cutting if possible. If that means I don't install the spacers until after the lift, then no problem I can wait.

Thanks for the info.

I really don't think the lift will help, but you will probably roll the lip back at least 1-2". Mine was uncomfortably close to the lip (as it, I couldn't see light behind it) so I rolled it.

Sn0

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Totally new to this idea. Wheel spacers... do you guys do all wheels? Before/ after pics? Thanks
I did do all 4 wheels, but when I get the TS completed, they will only be in the rear. I will get side by side photos at the Nissan Dealership when I go get the oil changed and a new tire (as one tire is split in the middle).

Sn0

1 - 17 of 17 Posts