Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, if you'd be able to help a noob out. I'm sure this topic has been discussed more times than not, but would you be able to fit 265/75r16 on a 2008 X without any mods? Reason I ask is because my stock tires are 265/70r16 and I just bought some 75r's. Every shop i have gone to has explained that installing the 75r's without a lift will not fit. I went to one shop and they said it'd be no problem, but before i go ahead and do that i thought I should really ask someone who has already done this. Just want to play it on the safe side because I've heard some people say they have had rubbing issues with bigger tires. I'd really appreciate if any of you could help me out.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
the stock size on the Off Road models are 265/75R16 so your fine for that. Most people ( including myslef) throw on 285/75R16 with only having to do the melt mod

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i really appreciate the help man. Is there any big distinction between the OFFROAD and X models?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
just a couple little things, but I am unsure what came stock on the 08. I do know that the 09 came with a couple extra lights, locking rear diff,

·
on line
1,739 Posts
Better stereo, probably a fold flat seat, side moldings, plastic on the back of the seats (I think the X model just has carpet back there)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts