Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the ac shackles and TGC spacers this weekend and scheduled an alignment. The guy there was baffled as to why I needed an alignment on an 08 until I told him it is lifted. He checked his machine for specs and only has specs for an 06 and earlier. Would these specs work on an 08? IF not where would I get them from? Also if anyone has them I would greatly appreciate it.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The specs should be the same for 05-08 as they haven't changed any steering or suspension components.

If you want to be 100% sure, talk to the local dealer. They will have the specs.

Keep in mind, there is a chance that the alignment shop won't be able to bring the camber into spec. If this is the case, you will need cam bolts for the lower control arm. They are about $50 from online dealers and will probably cost another $50 for the shop to install them (or you can do it in about 10 minutes per side).

·
on line
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thats what I was hoping to hear. I did buy the camber bolts. THey are on there way here. I have an appointment on saturday so I will just have them install them if need be. I wont have time before then to install them. I cant wait to get it aligned i hate the vibration. :)

·
on line
1,081 Posts
These are the specs from the print out I received last week after I had an alignment done on my '08 OR. They are all the same for the left and right front wheels.

Camber -0.3 to 1.3
Caster 2.0 to 3.5
Toe 0.12 to 0.20
Cross Camber -0.8 to 0.8
Cross Caster -0.8 to 0.8
Total Toe 0.24 to 0.39

I have pretty much no idea what any of these really mean. Hopefully this helps you out a bit though.

·
on line
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks for the help, when I take it Saturday to get it aligned ill take them with me and compare them with what he has.

Let me ask you cruiser, with the lift combination you have do you have any type of vibration? It doesnt hit till about 40mph and lessens and worsens with gas pedal pressure. It seems way different than an alignment issue.

·
on line
1,081 Posts
No. The ride feels exactly like it did before the lift. No vibration, or unusual road noise at any speed. The only driving I did after installing the lift was to the alignment shop though, so I can't really compare notes about the misaligned ride quality. The truck is looking like it needs some 33's now...

·
on line
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did not add shims, i did not think shims were needed with a shackle lift. Only the aal with the shackle. I am going to wait until after the alignment. If it is still an issue I will buy the shims. I will probably at most only need a 2 degree shim. I will have to look under there and see how much if any the drive line is angled.

I also need to get some 33's. There is a nice sized wheel gap that i am not liking.

·
on line
316 Posts
I did not add shims, i did not think shims were needed with a shackle lift. Only the aal with the shackle. I am going to wait until after the alignment. If it is still an issue I will buy the shims. I will probably at most only need a 2 degree shim. I will have to look under there and see how much if any the drive line is angled.

I also need to get some 33's. There is a nice sized wheel gap that i am not liking.
Lemme guess, stock BFG Longtrails right? How bad does it look when its lifted? This same combo lift should be at my doorstep by tuesday of next week according to UPS.

·
on line
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^ LOL! Yup stock longtrails. It doesnt look bad at all. Just needs something to fill up some gap. Everyone at work comes in and asks me if I lifted the X. They can all tell. I had a 6'3 guy come in today and ask LOL. 33's will just make the lift look so much better. Dont get any doubts you will love it. But make sure you get it aligned right away, the front is out pretty good afterwards. Atleast mine is. While i'm there I may ask the guy if he buy tires. See how much he will give me for mine with only 2800 miles. Then maybe Ill grab a set of General Grabber AT2's. The girlfriend will have a shit fit if I pull that though. Ah well she will get over it.

·
on line
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, i bought camber bolts from Nissan of Turnersville. I recieved one bolt, 4 eccentric washers and 4 nuts. Was I sent the wrong thing? Or was I just expecting something different?

Now that I check out their website, they just didnt give me the other 3 bolts. What am I supposed to do? I have my alignment scheduled for Saturday morning. This sucks!

·
on line
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No Ill be in Lancaster. The X is just a tad to new to do any wheeling yet. Im only two payments in. LOL. I also wanna get some sliders before I venture out. Do you have any info on it?

·
on line
316 Posts
^^ LOL! Yup stock longtrails. It doesnt look bad at all. Just needs something to fill up some gap. Everyone at work comes in and asks me if I lifted the X. They can all tell. I had a 6'3 guy come in today and ask LOL. 33's will just make the lift look so much better. Dont get any doubts you will love it. But make sure you get it aligned right away, the front is out pretty good afterwards. Atleast mine is. While i'm there I may ask the guy if he buy tires. See how much he will give me for mine with only 2800 miles. Then maybe Ill grab a set of General Grabber AT2's. The girlfriend will have a **** fit if I pull that though. Ah well she will get over it.
Im 6' 3" so if you got that kind of reaction from someone else then I should be happy. I need to get the cam bolts here first though so I can get it installed and aligned.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I would call them and see if they can priority overnight the bolts (for a saturday delivery). I don't know how they made such a mistake.

·
on line
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
people make mistakes and I can accept that. This was just ignorance. Who would pack one bolt and send it? Atlease send me an email and tell me that they dont have enough to place the order. Dont send me one bolt without notifying me. I wont get the bolt before my appointment. I am just gonna pray that they can align it without them. Or, atleast get it better than it is and worry about it later. Unbelieveable!!

·
on line
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For my first buy I sure wasnt impressed.

Creek your avatar is awsome! Money SHot!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts