Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

07 to 08

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  ProjectX 
#1 ·
From what I can tell, there is no difference between the 07 and the 08 OR except for "Standard Axle Ratio" (3.36 on 08 and 3.69 on 07.) There is a dealer near by that seems to have a lot of 07 and 08 OR's in both MT and AT, at least according to their web site, so there is a good chance I can get a smokin deal on an 07. The insurance would be a little less, I think (maybe..) Anyway, can anyone think of a reason why I should get an 08 over an 07? My stupid car's "check engine" light came on again today, so I may have to make a decision sooner than later.

Thanks.

#6 ·
Heh, I've got an 07 SE w/towing in Night Armor.
My brother just got an 08 SE w/towing in Night Armor. (Monday dec 31)

Only difference in ours (although yea, it's SE) is 08 has ipod hookup.

Have two night armor SE's in the driveway, lol.

#7 ·
the only thing is if you buy an 07 its already a year old.

Or, it's a year old with zero miles on it.

Five years from now if/when you sell it, it could still be considered a "low mileage" vehicle.

Silver lining. :D

#10 ·
Well, it is a moot point now. My car is not in need of repair (I actually found an honest mechanic around here) and the dealership that supposedly had all of these 07 OR models in stock, does not. I found this out by talking to the Internet sales guy. He said that they do not have all of the cars that are listed in their inventory, but they represent vehicles that they can get. That, evedently, is not true either because the guy said that there is only one new 07 OR left and it is in AZ. If thats how 1st Nissan in Simi Valley does business, I would be very leery of dealing with them.

I am debating what my next move is. I want to get rid of my car before something major goes wrong (again) but I think another car note right now would be spreading the cash a little too thin for comfort. Why couldnt I have been born rich instead of good looking?

#11 ·
MarcM said:
... He said that they do not have all of the cars that are listed in their inventory, but they represent vehicles that they can get. That, evedently, is not true either because the guy said that there is only one new 07 OR left and it is in AZ. If thats how 1st Nissan in Simi Valley does business, I would be very leery of dealing with them.
I bought my '07 OR MT last january and my dealer had to go to another dealership 200 miles away to find it.

Rob

#12 ·
I can understand that part, but any dealership can do that. They made it look like they had these vehicles on the lot. If I had not called, I would have driven all the way over there. I guess that is what they are hoping for. I hate being lied to or when businesses are misleading. Their loss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.