Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 xterra, 3.13 pinion ratio


Is my front diff code, "R180" ?

What differential upgrades are available for it?
 

·
on line
Joined
·
15,651 Posts
The model and tranny type will decide what your gear ratio is.

You do have an R180 diff.

There are no upgrades for the diff (besides swapping it for a titan diff).
 

·
on line
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An 06 SE, 5 speed auto



So I can't swap a diff from another Nissan in?




Muzikman said:
The model and tranny type will decide what your gear ratio is.

You do have an R180 diff.

There are no upgrades for the diff (besides swapping it for a titan diff).
 

·
on line
Joined
·
28 Posts
I think the Titan comes with a 2.93 or 3.36 gear ratio.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So are the Titan diffs a

2.93 by way of 44/15

and 3.36 by way of 47/14 or 37/11?

I believe my diff is 47/15




Johnnyv said:
I think the Titan comes with a 2.93 or 3.36 gear ratio.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The skylines have a r180 front diff

I'm going to see if that will work since no one seems to know for sure

I'm hoping the 180mm ring gear will swap right over
 

·
on line
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ebay?

Or a JDM dealer

You can get them with the option of LSD, so it'd be nice to upgrade to the LSD and stronger diff, and just swap over the X ring and pinion


Xguy4life* said:
where are u going to get a skyline diff from? just wondering?
 

·
on line
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I got my skyline diff, but no extra X diff, the guy I was supposed to buy from disappeared?
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,262 Posts
BoonDox is your best bet... hes a good guy. I helped him out before. Send him a PM and see if he responds. I dont know how much he is asking for it but it probably wont be too much. the next in line would be either Ponyboy or 8thMan. Come to think of it... OregonX has one also, because he did a Titan swap... so I would contact him also... but i think he wants to send his to someone who can make gears for our trucks.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Boondox is who I was talking with and had something set up with ... I'm not sure what happened, but I haven't heard from Brian in a while, hopefully everything is ok.




S_e_X-Terra said:
BoonDox is your best bet... hes a good guy. I helped him out before. Send him a PM and see if he responds. I dont know how much he is asking for it but it probably wont be too much. the next in line would be either Ponyboy or 8thMan. Come to think of it... OregonX has one also, because he did a Titan swap... so I would contact him also... but i think he wants to send his to someone who can make gears for our trucks.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
135 Posts
Hello,

Incidentally, the Subaru STI also uses an R180. Various 280Z, 300Z, 350Zs use R180s and R200s. Anyone know which diff the Titan diff is? Depending on the specific setup of the diff, there should be lots of options for people who want a new diff, same carrier. Nismo, Nissan Competition, Quaiffe, Kaaz, etc., all make R180/R200 diffs.

The differences will be in whether the diffs use stubs / the axles bolt in, versus c-clips, and then the depth of the c-clips, lengths of studs, etc. In my experience, one OEM (Subaru) can use dozens of specific configurations over a period of years (Subaru had probably a dozen different R160s in the Impreza). But the good news is that the fabrication needed for one setup to work with another diff is usually pretty minimal.

What's the reason the existing ARBs don't work with the Xterra? I would assume it's some stub / c-clip issue? Anyone know?

Joel
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,262 Posts
Arb is slacking big time... In fact they have a rear locker out for the C200 (about 3/4 of all 05+ xterras have C200 rear ends) but they havent checked to see if it would fit on a new generation xterra. If they havent checked that then i doubt they would even consider checking if they have one for the R180 front end.

As for BoonDox (Brian) not getting back to you... I donno. he seems to be pretty idle lately.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top