Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have an 06 x right now set up with a calimini 3 inch lift and 265 75 16 mud tires/
I am not completley happywith it.

The front spacers seem to limit alot of the travel in the front.

What are the lifts that everyone seems to reccommend for full travel and to fit 285 under neath of it.

Also is there anyone who makes any type of swaybar diconect for the front. I took the one off of the rear until my disconnects from ac get here this week

I have searched and I am still a newby when it comes to this stuff.
I would like to get a little more lift out of it as the spacers and shackles only brought it up about 2 inches.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The current 3" front lift that people seem to be most happy with is the Total Chaos UCS w/ RadFlo coilovers from PRG.

As for front disconnects, even if you could get disconnects, you can't get the swaybar out of the way, it will hit the inner lip of your rim. I tried it.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
If you want full travel and a lift of about 2.5" you are going to have to go with PRG's radflo coilovers and Total Chaos's Upper controll arms. Can be pretty pricy but are worth every penny.

Here are the upper controll arms: (last thing pictured on page)
http://www.prgproducts.com/frontier_components.php

Here are the radflo coilovers: (not pictured but they are the first item on page)
http://www.prgproducts.com/frontier_shocks.php

As a matter of fact I am selling my old radflo coilovers... here is a pic
(the ones on the left)

·
on line
99 Posts
If you decide to go with the radflo, TC UCA lift you will probably find that you don't need the front sway bar. We haven't had ours on for about 10k now and haven't missed it. The truck leans a little more but it's not at all scary.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Yeah, SLR yanked my front sway bar when they installed King coilovers, Titan LCA and larger fabricated UCA up front. With a set-up like the TC UCAs and Radflos you may not need the sway bar either. The beefy coils will take care of most of the body roll.

I never missed my sway bar in the rear, even running stock Bils and leafs.

·
on line
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys for the info/ I belisve that I am going to go the same route as a few with the calimini 5 inch lift with the new ucs and coil overs. I talked to calimini tdy and the told me 4 to 6 weeks on the lift either way I went with the frontier or the xterra. I have not made up my mind yet. I do not really know the pros and cons

·
on line
2,077 Posts
the front suspension on the X and frontier is the same, the rears are different, the X had the leaf springs under the rear axle, the fronty has them over, therefore you can place a block inbetween the leaf and the axle on the fronty, and the X would get new leaf springs.....the reason Sexterra went with the fronty kit is because he wanted to go with alcan leaf springs, not the ones that came with the calmini kit

·
on line
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does anybody have a part # price and size on the alcan springs, just for comparison on the price of buying the frontier kit vs the xterra kit. If I do get the fronty kit is there anything else I need to get beside the leafs

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Uhhh there is no size and part number they are made to order.... Just tell them what year X you have, how much lift you want out of them, how much weight you plan on carrying, any aftermarket parts such as a new rear bumper that might weigh them down, and..... uhhh I think thats all.

What are they... like 250 per spring or somethin like that??? not exactly sue but somewhere in that neighborhood.... Oh if you order them get them about 1" taller that you actually want because they will sag slightly when first installed due to them "settleing." And you will also have to buy new U-bolts and lock nuts... dont buy cheap autozone ones... spend the extra 50+ bucks and get good ones.

Good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts