Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I am trying to hook the wires up on my clinometer, and I want to hook the power wire up to something that controls the dash lights. Someone recommended the wire in the radio harness that controls the dimmer. Only problem is, I can't figure out which wire does that. I have a test probe, which is just lighting up. I have isolated which side of the harness controls the power, but no clue which one is the light-controlling wire. Can anyone offer a little assistance? That would be great. Thanks!

·
on line
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I decided to try to run the power wire to the parking lights. That way I can control it being on and off. I researched and found out that the parking light wire is blue w/red stripe. However, when I grounded it and wired the power wire and parking lamp wire together, nothing. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but it is getting the best of me right now. I am pretty sure that it is something that I am doing, rather than the clino being messed up. I just have to figure out what exactly it is that I am doing wrong.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
If you need a power source that turns on with the car, why don't you tap into the 12 volt outlet power? Not sure what exactly you're trying to hook up but kind of confused why you'd want power only when your parking lights are on. I'd think that you'd want poswer when you turn the car on.

·
on line
2,070 Posts
Mostly like close to the 05

DIRECTWIRE??????? WIRING INFORMATION - NISSAN / XTERRA / 2004 / Remote Start

12volts green (40A) + ignition harness
Starter black/yellow + ignition harness
Second Starter green/yellow + ignition harness
Ignition black/white + ignition harness
Second Ignition N/A
Third Ignition N/A
Accessory red/yellow + ignition harness
Second Accessory white/blue + ignition harness
Keysense white/green + ignition harness
Power Lock lt. green/red - SECU to right of column, pin 5
Power Unlock brown - SECU to right of column, pin 4
Lock Motor blue 5wi SECU to right of column, pin 54
Unlock Motor green/white 5wi SECU to right of column, pin 55
Parking Lights+ blue/red + headlight switch
Parking Lights- N/A
Hazards same as turn signal wires
Turn Signal(L) green/yellow + steering column
Turn Signal(R) green/red + steering column
Reverse Light yellow/red + passenger kick, harness to rear
Door Trigger see notes - SECU to right of column
Notes: Vehicles without power door locks, the door trigger/dome light is red/black in the driver kick, harness to rear.

Vehicles with power door locks, the driver door is green/red at the SECU, pin 1, the front passenger door is green/black at the SECU, pin 2, and the rear doors are red/black at the SECU, pin 3. Use all three wires and diode isolate each.
Dome Supervision red/black - SECU to right of column, pin 31
Trunk/Hatch Pin common with rear door trigger
Hood Pin black/pink - SECU to right of column, pin 6
Trunk/Hatch Release N/A
Power Sliding Door N/A
Factory Alarm Arm yellow - SECU to right of column, pin 11
Factory Alarm Disarm yellow/red - SECU to right of column, pin 10
Disarm No Unlock see factory alarm disarm
Tachometer pink/blue ac instrument cluster or ECM, pin 3
Notes: The ECM is located below the heater box to the right of the accelerator pedal, behind trim panel. The tach is in the top row, 2nd pin left of center of the plug.
Wait to start N/A
Brake Wire brown/red + brake pedal switch
Parking Brake yellow - parking brake switch
Horn Trigger lt. green/red - steering column
Memory Seat 1 N/A
Memory Seat 2 N/A
Memory Seat 3 N/A
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
No Type:
N/A
Part #: N/A
Notes:

This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed electronics, Inc. assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.

DIRECTWIRE??????? WIRING INFORMATION - NISSAN / XTERRA / 2004 / Accessory

12volts green (40A) + ignition harness
Ignition black/white + ignition harness
Parking Lights+ blue/red + headlight switch
Parking Lights- N/A
Headlight red (L), red/black (R) + headlight switch
Trunk/Hatch Release N/A
Power Sliding Door N/A
Speed Sense green/black instrument cluster or ECM, pin 29
Notes: The ECM is located below the heater box to the right of the accelerator pedal, behind trim panel. The VSS is in the 2nd row from the top, 4th pin right of center of the plug.
Wipers white/red (L), blue/white (H) - steering column
LF Window up/dn blue - blue/black A driver window switch in door
RF Window up/dn blue/yellow - blue/white A driver kick, door harness
LR Window up/dn green/yellow - green/red A driver kick, door harness
RR Window up/dn green/black - green/white A driver kick, door harness
Sun Roof open/close N/A
Sun Roof Limit/close N/A
Memory Seat 1 N/A
Memory Seat 2 N/A
Memory Seat 3 N/A
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
No Type:
N/A
Part #: N/A
Notes:

This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed electronics, Inc. assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.
________
Buy Herbalaire

·
on line
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
xterrock said:
If you need a power source that turns on with the car, why don't you tap into the 12 volt outlet power? Not sure what exactly you're trying to hook up but kind of confused why you'd want power only when your parking lights are on. I'd think that you'd want poswer when you turn the car on.
I am running the power lights on my clinometer that I installed. I really don't want the light to it on all the time, for I don't want to run the risk of it burning out or something. Plus, if it is daytime, I can see it, so I don't need the lights to it. I only need it on when it is dark and can't see, therefore, I wanted to run it to my parking lights, which are on at night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts