Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently replaced my heater core along with my evaporator and dryer. After doing this and filling it up with freon my AC isn't as cold as it use to be. It's cool, but not ice cold. I can keep it on full blast and I'm still sweating. The only thing that's different from before and after the install was the new evaporator I got didn't have insulation around the sides like the old one did. I changed the carbon filters as well in the evaporator box as well. Does anyone have any solutions or ideas that could help me fix this problem?

P.S. All my pressure gauges are reading where they should for the low/high end ports on the AC lines as well.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Probably better posted in first gen forum.

However, did you replace the dryer? Did you pull a vacuum?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I did replace the dryer and yea I pulled a vacuum with 2 cans of freon and it was reading 100(high) and 40(i think on the low).

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I thought you would be looking for 200+ on highside.....

Best bet is to take it to a shop, they should charge about $50 or so to evacuate and charge to capacity, not pressure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah with outside temps being 90 or so you should be reading 50 / 250 or so
Okay so last night I went to the parts store to look at getting a thermo control amplifier for my car thinking that was the problem. I turned my car off and heard a hissing sound and saw mist coming from under my hood. Popped my hood and all my freon was leaking out of the dryer. So I unscrewed the dryer and re-hooked it up. Refilled it to 50/250 and it's still not cold.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Sounds like you need to get a professional involved. First you should of detected the leak during the vacuum pull. Second 40/100 was not proper readings. Now it sounds like you are guessing and throwing parts at it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay there wasn't a leak until it randomly all started pouring out. I fixed the dryer and refilled it and had it reading 50/250. A "professional" is just going to rip me off.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay I was just trying to get an idea on how to fix my problem. No need to be an *******. I used a leak detector after hooking everything up and there wasn't one and I guess the pressure pushed one of the screws in the dryer at an angle and then it started leaking so if you don't have any ideas on how to help don't reply with a douchebag comment...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Well honestly it does not sound like you know what you are doing. No fault in that, that is why there are mechanics. Sounds like you put it together wrong. "pressure pushed a screw at an angle" no idea what you are talking about. Then you charged it to improper pressures, then had a leak, replaced some random part, all while posting in the wrong generation forum.

You're in over your head. Time to find someone that knows what they are doing and can physically look at your vehicle. Internet diagnosis will be guesses at best.

So get over it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts