Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) (https://www.thenewx.org/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thenewx.org/forum/10-off-topic/)
-   -   2017 Colorado ZR2 (https://www.thenewx.org/forum/10-off-topic/245657-2017-colorado-zr2.html)

PA PRO 4X 08-22-2017 08:12 AM

2017 Colorado ZR2

I had no idea they released the truck. They are on the dealer lots. I had a 2001 back in the day.

CThoreal 08-22-2017 11:28 AM

I was behind one of these at a light yesterday. Didn't realize it was a ZR2 as there were no badges on the tail gate. I saw the tire carrier in the bed and the wide stance. Just figured the owner added it. Looks really good!

Tim13con 08-22-2017 01:20 PM

Co-worker has one in green. It is sweet.

IssacHunter 08-22-2017 02:49 PM

I've been following it for a while and I have to say it's got everything people have been begging Toyota to put in the Tacos. Locking front diff (that allows you to use it in any mode from what I've read), factory sliders (though not sold on the bolted on body rather than frame) and a diesel option. Also comes with some nice tires factory.

I also read it was planned to come with electronic sway disconnects back when all the specs were out but now that it's been released I haven't seen anything to support that though.

idn88 08-22-2017 02:55 PM

Expedition portal did a review a few months back - to rave reviews: https://expeditionportal.com/chevy-zr2-review/

There $42K. Add another 3K for the diesel. In reality that isn't as bad as it sounds, assuming the quality of GM is better than it was 10 years ago.

JNR 08-22-2017 03:22 PM

Saw them at 50k at dealer, so imagine for fully loaded diesel...no thanks. Sure it's a nice truck and all, but that price is disgusting (what trucks aren't anymore though)

Had a 99 S10 ZR2 xtra cab, 5 speed, when they were still new...great little truck and affordable then...came with a lot you couldn't get in regular versions, incl frame, hd rear axle, etc and other than lobgwheelbase -being truck- and IFS, that thing did great off road, right outta box and decent power at time.

IssacHunter 08-22-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JNR (Post 3882345)
Saw them at 50k at dealer, so imagine for fully loaded diesel...no thanks. Sure it's a nice truck and all, but that price is disgusting (what trucks aren't anymore though)

Had a 99 S10 ZR2 xtra cab, 5 speed, when they were still new...great little truck and affordable then...came with a lot you couldn't get in regular versions, incl frame, hd rear axle, etc and other than lobgwheelbase -being truck- and IFS, that thing did great off road, right outta box and decent power at time.

I would say trucks fall under the luxury category nowadays as far as pricing goes. Cost of them has dramatically went up but job-pay has stagnated. I can buy some homes in my area for cheaper than a new truck nowadays abit single and double wide trailers. My dad way back when bought an 01 Taco Offroad model for a little under 20k and still drives it today with nearly 200k on it. He has no plans on trading it in for a new one due to the prices. It's starting to catch up as well as sales of trucks and SUVs has fallen though the cheap MPG cars have risen. 2016 was a good year though from what I've read though but that could be due to the sales and rebates I saw everywhere.

The real downside I think is people babying their trucks. I've known people who wouldn't haul anything in their bed for fear of scratching it....

PA PRO 4X 10-15-2017 02:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 77994

OMG! You have got to see this truck in person. Did a road trip yesterday to get out. Found this one in the showroom with every factory option. Sits higher than what I thought. Sweet is a understatement.

hurley842002 10-16-2017 03:57 PM

If I were in a position to drop that kind of coin on a truck, I'd own a ZR2 with the Duramax option, by far my favorite truck out right now, unless of course Dodge decided to put a Cummins in the Power Wagon.

AlbatrossCafe 10-16-2017 04:12 PM

It's ugly to me (front lights are too round, the bumper in front of the front tire area looks weird) but for it seems like a "reasonable" price nowadays for a capable truck with front and rear lockers, skids, and sliders, and very advanced shocks from the factory.

Would you rather have this in a diesel or a new base-model Ford Raptor which is about a similar price?