Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) (https://www.thenewx.org/forum/)
-   General Xterra (https://www.thenewx.org/forum/9-general-xterra/)
-   -   Guys with Wives/ Female X Owners (https://www.thenewx.org/forum/9-general-xterra/238650-guys-wives-female-x-owners.html)

charpe3 06-03-2017 09:00 PM

Guys with Wives/ Female X Owners

1 Attachment(s)
My wife is always putting her makeup on in the car, whether she is riding or driving. I am a super OCD neat freak ESPECIALLY when it comes to the inside of my cars.

My Xterra has become my wife's daily driver now that we had our first child because she is the one typically taking our daughter to and from daycare. (Our Accord coupe isn't very car seat friendly) This means her stuff is strewn everywhere. THANK GOD for the Xterra's extra large cup holders.

On to the main point of this post:
I hung a little square organizer bag (from 31) from the shifter for my wife to keep her makeup in so that when we go places together, I am able to use my cup holder. (See picture)

Any one else have OCD issues like me and what are your solutions?

ChrisHaynesUSA 06-03-2017 09:01 PM

I bought my wife her own Xterra.

Un4seen4 06-03-2017 09:31 PM

We have 2 but she's driving the modded one right now, she never puts up the sun shade and it drives me nuts. Well soon be on the same shift so, car pool and me driving :D

stihly dan 06-03-2017 09:39 PM

My wife has never been in mine as its my work vehicle. It does bother me a bit that EVERY X I see on the road is driven by chicks. Makes me almost think the X is a chick car.

Brunnie 06-03-2017 09:58 PM

My GF is always worried about tracking in dirt or mud and making a mess. I've told her many times that I bought the Xterra to get out in the country and see things. A little dirt or mess inside isn't going to hurt it one bit.
If I wanted to OCD about a vehicle I wouldn't have an offroad machine.

Shortbuss 06-03-2017 10:26 PM

My wife very rarely drives mine. She doesn't mind riding in it or wheeling. But she hates driving it. She does put the McDonald stickers on the dash which drives me insane.

Hamman 06-03-2017 11:06 PM

My wife builds motorcycles with me so I am not going to complain :)

Zack. 06-04-2017 05:31 AM

My wife is more OCD than me about the inside of my X being neat. I'll have like 2 receipts in the cup holder and she's like "don't **** your car out!"

Sanders 06-04-2017 10:04 AM

When my wife gets in, first thing she does is pull down the visor to look in the mirror, then slams it back up. Drives me nuts.

And putting things on the dashboard. Unless it is a piece of equipment like a GPS, I don't put clutter on the dash, and don't hang things from the mirror.

idn88 06-04-2017 01:13 PM

Oh, wow - this bothers you and you now have kids? Better get used to it - and much worse.

I have been married 20 years and have two daughters that are now teenagers. Not much bothers me anymore.