Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) (https://www.thenewx.org/forum/)
-   Rugged Rocks Off Road (https://www.thenewx.org/forum/56-rugged-rocks-off-road/)
-   -   Feedback: Rugged Rocks Off Road (https://www.thenewx.org/forum/56-rugged-rocks-off-road/196017-feedback-rugged-rocks-off-road.html)

IM1RU 03-13-2016 11:01 AM

20 Attachment(s)
I looked but I couldn't find a feedback thread for Rugged Rocks.

Well, if there isn't one I'm staring it because it's about damn time!

I have literally spent hours on the phone with Steve picking his brain, discussing new items, and asking for advice. Most of the time it was just in prep to purchase. He still gave me his time and advice.

I have now purchased the 4.10's he has made available for the R180 and matching M226. After the install, is was determined that my old Ballistic Fab diff cover would no longer fit. I immediately called Steve. He's been trying out an answering service for the last month or so, when he can't personally answer the phone, and I got the service. I left a message with some lady who was very nice, but I didn't think she had any idea what the hell I was talking about..... Fast forward. STEVE CALLED ME BACK. STEVE ALWAYS CALLS BACK. The new ARB cover is on the way.

I really can't say enough about my experience with Steve and Rugged Rocks.

Communications is first rate. Service is too.

From initial contact and product inquires to email confirmations, tracking information, and follow up emails, his service and support is top notch.

Thank you again Steve, I truly appreciate you and your company. I'll be back

maXTERRA 03-13-2016 09:41 PM

He's awesome!
Ordered his new alternator, but the first run was old out.
Kept me informed of the new run progress, and now I have a pretty new alternator.... :-)

Great on answering questions about my gearsets order as well.

Steevo rocks!

coloxt 03-13-2016 10:23 PM

Steven rocks I have picked his brain and knowledge a couple of times. A great guy and Friend thanks for all his help in my regear

ilterzo13 09-23-2016 03:31 PM

Ordered the Doug Thorley catless B-pipes on Sept 10th. Got an email from Steven a couple days later saying that they ship directly from Doug Thorley and he would send me the info as soon as he had it. Emailed him on the 28th looked for any update and received no response. Tried calling a couple times, only to have the automated response tell me they are closed during the days and hours the website says they are open. Called today, hit 1 to speak to a representative, get sent to a voice mail.

Not happy with the customer service at this point. The money was taken out of my account already, and over a month later I still have no product.

I just want what I ordered so that I can fix my exhaust without having to pay anyone. Or my money back so I have money to pay an exhaust shop.

Snowtrout 09-23-2016 03:34 PM

^ it took about a month for me to receive mine earlier this year.

ilterzo13 09-23-2016 04:33 PM

Just got off the phone with Steven. Doug Thorley put them on back order for a bit. Ship out Tuesday.

Lesson learned. Talk to Steven on the phone don't use email or the website.

SteeevO 10-20-2016 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilterzo13 (Post 3406569)
Ordered the Doug Thorley catless B-pipes on Sept 10th. Got an email from Steven a couple days later saying that they ship directly from Doug Thorley and he would send me the info as soon as he had it. Emailed him on the 28th looked for any update and received no response. Tried calling a couple times, only to have the automated response tell me they are closed during the days and hours the website says they are open. Called today, hit 1 to speak to a representative, get sent to a voice mail.

Not happy with the customer service at this point. The money was taken out of my account already, and over a month later I still have no product.

I just want what I ordered so that I can fix my exhaust without having to pay anyone. Or my money back so I have money to pay an exhaust shop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilterzo13 (Post 3406625)
Just got off the phone with Steven. Doug Thorley put them on back order for a bit. Ship out Tuesday.

Lesson learned. Talk to Steven on the phone don't use email or the website.

I remember this.. honestly.. this sucked and was really embarrassing. I believe I apologized and explained to you how embarrassing this was as well. Usually when I order a part that's on backorder, I get notified from the vendor ..which didn't happen in this case, and I'm sorry for not being more on top of this one.
As far as the phone goes, if you call and get the voicemail.. please leave a message. I do go through my messages and I do call people back.

I'm in this business because I like making new products and like helping people build their trucks. but if i'm at my desk from 8am to 5pm, then I don't have time to make new product.. and be inventive.
This year I have been trying different ways to handle my phone calls and I apologize that you had a poor experience. I've learned that most people don't seem to leave voicemails.. no matter how much help they need. I do check my voicemails and I do call people back. Earlier this year I tried using an answering service but found that people didn't like that either, and got some hefty $1000+ bills from the answering service.. so I cut that off pretty quickly. I also tried changing the phone system to give people the option to leave a message if it wasn't urgent but press 1 to ring through to me. I found that people didn't listen to the option of pressing 1 to reach me and complained that they kept getting the voicemail.. and once people realized they could press 1.. some people would press 1 for things that are clearly not urgent. while others simply don't leave messages nor press 1 and just hang up.
I'm just one guy making this business run. My job entails much more than just sitting by the phone and answering calls. For example, When parts ship from here, I box them up and print the shipping labels. When a new product is in development... I'm developing it. When a custom driveshaft gets built and needs to be picked up from the driveline shop.. I'm driving around to get it. I drop off and pick up parts from powder coating and the laser cutter. I also seem to get a lot of calls from people with tech questions regarding parts that I don't sell. but because I want to help people, I typically stay on the phone to try to help them out anyways. I do have a few phone lines, but no one likes waiting on hold. So if you end up on hold, please be patient and don't be surprised if I take down your number and i tell you that I'll call you back.

Currently the phone just rings straight through to me with the exception of wednesdays.
I've been trying out a new business schedule to dedicate time to working on projects that require consistent uninterrupted time. This current schedule is that I'm essentially closed on wednesdays, but that doesn't mean I'm not working. I'm likely to move my development day to another day of the week to see if it works out better, or even open the phones 5 days a week but only have the phone on for part of the day. I'm also making it a point to have my calls forwarded to my cell when I'm away from my desk, so atleast you can talk to me even if I can't process an order, look up order status or investigate technical details.

Some people have suggested that I hire someone to help me, which i tried late last year. It didn't work out as well as I had hoped. It's hard to find someone that knows all the ins and outs of nissans that I know. it's almost just as hard to teach it all to someone as well. It's also tough to pay someone to take calls about parts I don't sell.

As far as e-mail goes, I love it. It allows me to help people outside of business hours and when it fits better into my day. The best way to e-mail me is through the contact page on the website using the web-form. Replying to the auto generated Order Status e-mails works too, but it's still better to use the contact form. This ensures that the e-mail gets gets the proper subject to be auto filed correctly on my end so I don't miss it.
A few months ago I also changed my e-mail address because my direct e-mail address has been in use for over 10 years now and was getting slammed with over 300 - 400 spam messages a day, even with various spam filtering on.

I hope this has given you all some insight on what my main challenge is. I'm open to suggestions on how I should be handling your phone calls given the other things that I'm trying to accomplish as well.
In the end, you and I both deserve to be happy.

IM1RU 11-27-2016 12:55 PM

20 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celt (Post 3493666)
Steve has never failed to disappoint.

Lol... I'm not sure that's what you meant to say. At least that's not what your review says.

Celt 11-28-2016 10:43 AM

I've through the years I've ordered parts over the phone or through his website. Steve has never disappointed me and promptly returns any phone messages I've left. I truly believe he cares a lot about the customer and his business. He's a genuine guy that seems to always try and do the right thing in the end. Can't say enough good about him!

skip371 11-22-2017 12:49 PM

Vendor Service

If you have ever been disappointed in the service you've received from one of several well known vendors///check out ruggedrocks.com.
I just ordered a high output alternator and had the pleasure of having a lenghty conversation with the owner-Steve. Very knowledgeable and helpful. Great service! Quick turnaround.