New to the Area - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
2014 Knight Armor ❌terra Pro-4X

New to the Area

Greetings, Virginians.

I recently relocated from western Washington state to Maryland (just north of DC) and am looking to familiarize myself with the area. I've been active in the Xterra/offroad/overland community for about 5 years now and I want to continue that trend now that I'm back east. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you on the trails and in camp.

- Josh
TerryD likes this.

>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 12:08 PM
TNX Realm Noobie - AKA noxj
2011 Night Armor Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Welcome! I'm in Rockville. There are quite a few people from VA,MD,PA area on here.

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 05:38 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2007 Midnight Blue ❌terra S

Garage
Welcome! I'm down further in the state but smack dab in the center of GW and Jefferson Nat'l Forests.

Mildly Demented...

KT4OZ
Build Thread:

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 08:32 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2012 Avalanche White Xterra S

Hows it going everyone? Ima be relocating to Virginia, wanted to see if there was any groups clearly found this one. But are there any recommendations to do to my rig since its never been to the east coast. Thanks appreciate the info. Look forward to see what adventures this group brings.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I joined VAXC on the book of faces and a couple of the regional overland groups. I'm hoping to join in on some trips soon.
El Gavilan likes this.

>
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
Welcome! I'm down further in the state but smack dab in the center of GW and Jefferson Nat'l Forests.
I'd love to get down and do some camping and trail exploring done in thise national forests.
TerryD likes this.

>
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:06 AM
2009 Avalanche White Xterra Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xterra36 View Post
But are there any recommendations to do to my rig since its never been to the east coast.
If you didn't grow up in the snowy states, be prepared for snow - which means salt and slick roads. I spray the undercarriage once or twice a winter and once early spring if we get snows and road salt is put down. Hopefully you know how your truck handles on ice. I've taken my X skating a few times.

One last recommendation- I assume you're going to Quantico, so put on steel bumpers, get a lift, and enjoy intimidating the Prius, Fiats, and other prickmobiles driving I95 and 495 like its their private driveway. Many times I got behind (and couldn't pass) some millennial d*****bag in the left lane going 40 because he's texting and that was more important than driving safely on one of the busiest and most congested road systems in the country. I wanted to put those cars off of the road like I was doing convoy security in Iraq again.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:19 AM
NewXer 4life
2015 Super Black ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT Limited

Garage
Your new best friend:

AlbatrossCafe likes this.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 01:40 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2007 Midnight Blue ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhberria View Post
I'd love to get down and do some camping and trail exploring done in thise national forests.
It'll be later this year before I have the time to do much. Life's pretty busy at the moment but give me a shout and we'll get out and explore some. Are you more into challenging trails or just being outside?

Be ready for slick, tight trails. Just a touch of rain in this red clay and even your M/Ts are slicks if you aren't spinning them hard enough to clean them.

Always test mud holes you're unfamiliar with. They may be 3" of dirty water or 3' of the nastiest gumbo mud you can think of. Never take either for granted either, some "good ol boy" may have chucked it full of fire wood chunks trying to unstick his pickup.

Mildly Demented...

KT4OZ
Build Thread:
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 10:28 AM
2012 Avalanche White Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Welcome to the area! I'm in Catonsville, MD. PA has some good off-road/camping spots I've been to. Rausch Creek is a popular one and pretty much a standard it seems for people in the area. Not a bad drive from MD. Unfortunately, we don't have the sweet vast Mountains and trails in our backyard like our western brethren do.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Regional Xterra Clubs > Virginia Xterra Club (VAXC)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in