New to the Area - Page 2 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:36 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X T-Swap'd

uh.........................................

WHAT

Build Page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Trip Photos Page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Mods first - life later."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:43 PM
Veteran
2011 Avalanche White Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
I might be moving to the DC metro area soon too, depending on how my 2nd interview goes next week for a federal job. Snow and ice are not an issue for me, but moving away from real mountains and desert will be hard to do again. But it sounds like there is a good community out there and fun trails.

"It is the natural and legitimate ambition of a properly constituted geologist to see a glacier, witness an eruption, and feel an earthquake." -G.K. Gilbert

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
2014 Knight Armor ❌terra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhberria View Post
I'd love to get down and do some camping and trail exploring done in thise national forests.
It'll be later this year before I have the time to do much. Life's pretty busy at the moment but give me a shout and we'll get out and explore some. Are you more into challenging trails or just being outside?

Be ready for slick, tight trails. Just a touch of rain in this red clay and even your M/Ts are slicks if you aren't spinning them hard enough to clean them.

Always test mud holes you're unfamiliar with. They may be 3" of dirty water or 3' of the nastiest gumbo mud you can think of. Never take either for granted either, some "good ol boy" may have chucked it full of fire wood chunks trying to unstick his pickup.
I'll definitely be in touch. I'm used to tight, slick trails. The PNW has much for the same. I enjoy challenging trails, but I prefer if they afford access to a good view or quality campsite. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyd9 View Post
Welcome to the area! I'm in Catonsville, MD. PA has some good off-road/camping spots I've been to. Rausch Creek is a popular one and pretty much a standard it seems for people in the area. Not a bad drive from MD. Unfortunately, we don't have the sweet vast Mountains and trails in our backyard like our western brethren do.
Thanks for the welcome, and yes I'll certainly miss the easy trail and backwoods access of the west, but...it is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbatrossCafe View Post
uh.........................................

WHAT
Yeah dude, I had to leave WA unfortunately. Starting a new adventure out east. Post plenty of pictures of Fortune Creek this year so I can live vicariously through you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeolJon View Post
I might be moving to the DC metro area soon too, depending on how my 2nd interview goes next week for a federal job. Snow and ice are not an issue for me, but moving away from real mountains and desert will be hard to do again. But it sounds like there is a good community out there and fun trails.
Similar to my sentiments. It is painful leaving the west, but there is a community here that will help me make the best of it.
AlbatrossCafe and TerryD like this.

>

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Regional Xterra Clubs > Virginia Xterra Club (VAXC)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in