Are most Xterra Folks Soloists? - Page 3 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 03:40 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2011 Silver Lightning Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
I have a hard time planning too far in advance so end up going solo. Last weekend was an exception when I went to NW Overland Rally with some friends. Here's the only photo I took.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NWOR.JPG (93.8 KB, 12 views)

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" - Jimmy Buffett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 04:41 PM
Veteran
2006 Avalanche White Xterra S 4x4

I typically go solo.

i think there are several factors at play here, mainly there is waaayyy more jeeps on the road than xterra's. also, i'd bet that a higher % of jeep owners actually wheel them as compared to X's, id say more than half of the x's i see on the road have never been off the road, not on purpose at least... and there are more and more active jeep communities.

Xterra drivers that are the more adventurous type tend to be more willing to make their own way or go "solo" so to say..

I just recently got frustrated and started a meet n greet for X owners in my area, you might try the same.
NWCoffeeGuy and kolsky like this.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 12:50 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 ❌terra

Garage
Ya, I run solo mostly because it's a last second decision to go or I just don't plan far enough ahead. Made a couple friends at the Overland Rally so might try to organize some exploration trips near Castle Lake on Mt. St. Helens.

Someone posted Burley Mountain, you should definitely do it! Probably my second favorite peak you can drive to in the Gifford Pinchot. There are two ways up, one is pretty rough but fun, the other just a forest road. My .02 is to go up the rough one and come down the easy one.

Exploring the Pacific North West, one weekend at a time.

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 07:36 PM
2005 Avalanche White Xterra SE

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbuhlman View Post
Beautiful shot!
Thanks!

Youtube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Podcast:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 12:23 AM
TNX Realm Noobie
2009 Xterra

@JuiceBanx and @sweetride2go, both you guys are in Vancouver, so there is the start of the local club. I am about an hour north of you in Lewis County. I am on Highway 12 on the way to Gifford. Add me to the list for the local club your starting.

The Pathfinder group I am part of is planning a trip this fall, I will keep you guys posted if your serious about going out. I just posted a trip to Tahuya for last Saturday and got no response. I bought this X with the purpose of having a single vehicle that would work as a daily and an off road, and so far have only been able to go solo because I can't find anyone to go with. Let's make this happen.

On a side note, I had the same experience with my old Pathfinder. I ended up going out with a Jeep club because I couldn't get enough interest in the Pathfinder group.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 02:53 AM
2011 Night Armor Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetride2go View Post
I bet most of those Jeeps you see on the road are never taken off road, or maybe on gravel. So many people these days have the gear but don't use it, or much less know how to use it.

A lot of truth in this statement, living in CO we have an abundance of mall crawler Rubicons, which used to frustrate me, these days I couldn't care less, knowing my Pro4x can out wheel 90% of the Rubicons on the road, not because it's the more capable machine, but because it has the more capable driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 10:39 AM
TNX Realm Noobie
2006 Xterra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurley842002 View Post
A lot of truth in this statement, living in CO we have an abundance of mall crawler Rubicons, which used to frustrate me, these days I couldn't care less, knowing my Pro4x can out wheel 90% of the Rubicons on the road, not because it's the more capable machine, but because it has the more capable driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amen to that!

Last month I attended a "Skilz Day" put on by a local Jeep fabricator (who produces state of the art suspensions, they do great work, but only for Jeeps). I was the only Xterra there, with three or four Toyotas and about 80 Jeeps. It was a fun day and I felt very welcomed.

There was, however, a lot of talk of the "Jeep Lifestyle" and it really hit home when I was airing up at the end of the day. My Xterra was covered in dust, mud and dirt, and my skids even got a few new scratches. The two fully modded 2019 Jeep Unlimiteds parked next to me still looked like they just came from the detailer! It baffles me that someone would drop $50K for a new Jeep, probably another $20K+ on mods and not use it off road! To each there own, I guess, and it does keep the 4X4 industry in business....

In the meantime, I'll thoroughly enjoy my low-budget, highly capable 2006 Xterra both on and (especially!) off road.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 10:14 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 ❌terra

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citron View Post
@JuiceBanx and @sweetride2go, both you guys are in Vancouver, so there is the start of the local club. I am about an hour north of you in Lewis County. I am on Highway 12 on the way to Gifford. Add me to the list for the local club your starting.

The Pathfinder group I am part of is planning a trip this fall, I will keep you guys posted if your serious about going out. I just posted a trip to Tahuya for last Saturday and got no response. I bought this X with the purpose of having a single vehicle that would work as a daily and an off road, and so far have only been able to go solo because I can't find anyone to go with. Let's make this happen.

On a side note, I had the same experience with my old Pathfinder. I ended up going out with a Jeep club because I couldn't get enough interest in the Pathfinder group.
What generation of Pathfinder? I run a Hardbody that I have done some modifications to. It's been a long and interesting project.

As far as exploring, I've been wanting to explore the eastern area around St. Helens, especially around Castle Lake. Not even sure if you can get near it, but haven't explored that part of the forest at all. Nothing west of Merril Lake anyhow.

post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 10:49 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2009 Xterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetride2go View Post

What generation of Pathfinder? I run a Hardbody that I have done some modifications to. It's been a long and interesting project.

As far as exploring, I've been wanting to explore the eastern area around St. Helens, especially around Castle Lake. Not even sure if you can get near it, but haven't explored that part of the forest at all. Nothing west of Merril Lake anyhow.
A first generation, 92.

I haven't explored around here either. I have done tons of exploring on the Olympic peninsula when I lived by Montesano. Let me know when your heading out to explore and I will try to go with you.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 01:07 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 ❌terra

Garage
Definitely, I'll PM you guys when I head out that way next.

I've done a twin turbo swap(VG30DETT) into my Hardbody. It's a tight fit but nice to have some power in the lil truck.
mtnbound likes this.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Regional Xterra Clubs > Northwest Xterra Club (NWXC)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode