redline water wetter - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2005 s 4X2 s

redline water wetter

anyone running redlines' water wetter ? i drained my coolant then added distilled water with prestone radiator flush for 15 minutes.... then i drained and filled with the 900ml prestone and distilled water ... followed with redlines water wetter.... i have been running it for the last 10 days.... i can actually see my engine temp lower then when i ran coolant. i am not sure but i think i have to replace every 3 months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 12:04 PM
2005 Xterra S 2wd

Send a message via Yahoo to Rydes@Nyte
OK, I'll bite what is the water wetter? Without any searching I'm going to guess that it's a surfactant, breaking down the surface tension of the water might give you some additional energy transfer; sounds promising. I'll wait and find out how it works for you.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Veteran
2005 Frontier SE Crew Cab

I know some race trucks that are running it... I was thinking about running it my truck when I gets finished...

Gravity is such a drag
And we will not obey

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 12:28 PM
2010 Xterra Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
OK, I'll bite what is the water wetter? Without any searching I'm going to guess that it's a surfactant, breaking down the surface tension of the water might give you some additional energy transfer; sounds promising. I'll wait and find out how it works for you.
Posted via Mobile Device
You nailed it. A similar product that has been given good reviews is...

Purple Ice is a high performance, synthetic, radiator coolant additive. It reduces engine heat by reducing the surface tension of the radiator fluids for improved heat transfer.
Purple Ice fosters optimum coolant flow by helping to prevent formation of scale deposits in the radiator. It also lubricates the water pump seals.
Purple Ice should always be used in conjunction with antifreeze in regions where freezing temperatures occur. Purple Ice is compatible with traditional ethylene glycol antifreeze (green) and GM Dex-CoolŪ antifreeze.

http://www.royalpurple.com/street-thunder-2.html

-Phil

"Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about."
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Veteran
2005 Frontier SE Crew Cab

dose it die everything purple like there other products?

Gravity is such a drag
And we will not obey
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2005 s 4X2 s

when i poured the redline in the radiator, i wanted to put a little water in the bottle and shake it around to get all the pink stuff out..... lots of bubbles formed but within seconds the bubbles went away.... so according to their website, it allows the fluids in the radiator/cooling system to flow more efficiently... i am impressed so far... temp is a little lower then with coolant.... and was able to get 200 miles for 1/2 tank of gas. autozone down here cant get me a scanguage i ordered so i will have to wait a month to get one down here and compare temp #'s.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 02:53 PM
2006 Red Brawn Xterra OR

There was a thread on this topic last year - there are several of us using Redline Water Wetter and several using the Royal Purple.

I am a firm believer in the products - Redline works great for me and have heard good reports about the other. I use it in my dirt bikes, boat, 2 cars and 2 trucks. I was having problems in my Miata and dirt bikes with the summer heat and not getting good cooling with even with large aftermarket aluminum radiators when not moving at a good clip - the Water Wetter dropped temps over 10 degrees. I can really tell the difference in traffic in the Miata, keeps the engine from getting extremely hot and the valves from rattling. The dirt bikes seem to do better on really hot days too.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 12:13 AM
TNX Realm Noobie
2005 Xterra

I use it in my motorcyle and it works great! I heard somewhere that coolant has rust/corrosion properties that the water wetter does not. Only draw back.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 12:27 AM
2005 S

engine ice works as well.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 02:53 AM
2008 WRX Premium

I've been using the stuff in my sportbike for years, for anyone in the desert it's pretty much a must-have. Especially on bikes which rely heavily on air-flow

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode