Bolts for More Performance - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2008 Silver Lightning Xterra

Bolts for More Performance

I need your input here , is the havey duty injectors and upgrade fuel pump will improve the performance interm of Torque and HP?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 03:39 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2012 Lava Red ❌terra S

Garage
not without a tune.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 03:40 PM
Veteran
2011 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4 6MT

Is this a thing with naturally aspirated engines?

Last edited by Longboardr; 05-22-2019 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Naturally, not normally

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 03:55 PM
Senior Member / (Q4WC) Club Moderator
2013 Silver Lightning ❌terra TS/LCKD/4.10 33's S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim11 View Post
I need your input here , is the havey duty injectors and upgrade fuel pump will improve the performance interm of Torque and HP?
No. Only needed for supercharger or turbos.
Without tuning, will damage the engine.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie

Ofcourse uprev will be updated after installation but I need to know the power may I gain for this bolts then I will decide I shall invest or think about something else .
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 05:33 PM
2015 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Ofcourse uprev will be updated after installation but I need to know the power may I gain for this bolts then I will decide I shall invest or think about something else .
Without forced induction this will do nothing but cause issues.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 06:05 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2012 Super Duper Black Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:

Look man, not to be an ass here, but I see all of your posts about forced induction, heat issues and power upgrades. I get it, you want more HP. Don't we all? Instead of throwing things like high flow injectors and forced induction into your X, try doing the basics first.

Increased airflow (both into and out of your engine) will improve performance. It takes less work to move air that is less restricted. Start by throwing a cold air intake on it and some exhaust. If you want to maximize your potential with regards to exhaust, start at the heads and go all new... Headers, high flow, performance catalytic converters, larger diameter piping and a less restrictive muffler. All of this will improve performance, but at a price. Improved airflow shows results at the high end of the engine RPM range.

I'm not sure what you mean by "uprev", but I'm assuming it means the speed at which the engine increases its RPMs. If you want it to rev faster, reduce the unladen, rotational mass. Lightweight flywheel, underdrive pulleys, reduce the amount of things that the engine is turning (power steering, A/C, etc). Replace the belt driven accessories with electric motor driven units. A big one would be to remove the belt driven water pump and replace it with an electric unit. Replace the driveshaft with a lightweight aluminum shaft. Reduction of rotational mass results in more power delivered to the wheels. for example, let's say the engine currently uses 26 hp to turn all of the heavy components it is turning. If you reduce that rotational mass by 50%, you now have 13 more usable hp at the wheel. This is where you'll feel your biggest gains using a butt-dyno.

If low-end torque is what you're after, then you need to break into the internals of your engine. longer throw crankshaft, pistons, cam-shafts, roller-rockers. That's when things like bigger injectors are needed. Since the amount of air being sucked into the engine has increased, so must the amount of fuel. None of these should be done without also improving airflow (Intake and exhaust).

If you want a well-balanced machine that has better performance at the high end, mid-range and low end, then you'll want to do things like bigger cams, Intake, exhaust and some reduction of rotational mass.

Basically it's like this:
Easier airflow = hp increases at higher RPMs
More airflow (Increased Displacement) = Increased low end hp and torque
Less rotational Mass = more usable hp and torque at all engine speed ranges.

Honestly, if I was in the Middle East and building a good, solid rig, I wouldn't even mess with gasoline engines. I'd rip it all out and throw a Compound Turbo Diesel engine in it with massive intercoolers and radiator. You'd be able to get insane amounts of torque and horsepower out of it, but you wouldn't be running high RPMs and generating a ton of heat. Diesels just run well in the desert. Paired with the right transmission and drivetrain and you'd have a monster of an Xterra.

Just my 2 cents.
kolsky likes this.

Last edited by FishCannon; 05-22-2019 at 06:09 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 06:23 PM
2015 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Uprev is a tuning device. Those I know that have done every upgrade for these engines as far as exhaust, air intake, IMS, tuner, etc have noticed negligible differences. If your rig has an extra 1000lbs weight like me, those mods won’t help. VK swap is your best option.
FLAX, FishCannon and kolsky like this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 09:21 PM
2009 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4 5AT

V8 swap or sell it

Click Here for >
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie

Thanks for your inputs, I have performed the below :
- High flow air intake filter Aef
- Y62 throttle body (400 Hp )
- manifold intake porting for both upper and bottom
- full exhaust system by deleting the Y pipe , MagnAflow muffler
- long dough throlly headers
- tunning using UPREV

May equiry was what can I do more to gain power with same V6 engine , Dor desiel engine , it is not suit for seep sand driving hence the most of time the RPM vary from 4k till RPM cutt out Settings.

My question was

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode