Pre-caution to be Considered after Supercharger Installation - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ibrahim11
  • 1 Post By kebler2005

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2008 Silver Lightning Xterra

Pre-caution to be Considered after Supercharger Installation

I have doubt if there is additional part to be changed after supercharger installation such stock radiator and fans as well ,hence the heat generated by engine will be increase , also any information about the engine coolant temperature and and supercharger coolant temp to be maintained in high way and offroad , in middle east the ambient temperature is high , even though we are not able to succeed for V8 swap due to engine cooling issue , Any thoughts from experts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 12:03 AM
Veteran
2005 Xterra TS/LCKD/4:56/35" Edition & S Model DD for handme downs

get the JK hood louver plate
Stillen aluminum crank pulley
CSF aluminum radiator
silicon hoses

stay off skinny pedal till needed.

last supercharged rig I remember blew it up shortly after installation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 12:09 AM
2015 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

These engines were not designed for forced induction. The compression ratio is designed for naturally aspirated engines. If you do go this route you will likely blow your engine fairly quickly, and i can’t imagine it will run well at all prior to the final knock. Good luck.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie

[QUOTE=meanGREENnugget;4291742]These engines were not designed for forced induction. The compression ratio is designed for naturally aspirated engines. If you do go this route you will likely blow your engine fairly quickly, and i can’t imagine it will run well at all prior to the final knock. Good luck.i have go through many opinion and reviews for the same , I do agree partially that engine not designed for induction force, but I think if the post pressure will be limited to 10Psi and the compression ratio will be changed to 9:1 also transmission pressure will control by uprev , it is shall work , hope so .
Brazos_bend likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie

Thanks guys for your advice, I have changed my mind for supercharger, for dunes brushing , the rpm is always more than 5k , so I guess the supercharger is not suit for this purposes hence the engine will be heated up .
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 05:36 PM
Veteran
2010 Super Black Xterra Off Road 4x4 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim11 View Post
Thanks guys for your advice, I have changed my mind for supercharger, for dunes brushing , the rpm is always more than 5k , so I guess the supercharger is not suit for this purposes hence the engine will be heated up .
VK56 swap.
emossel9 likes this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 06:11 PM
2008 Cayenne Red Xterra S 4x4

Garage
^^^^ That. Safer, more HP, and probably similar~ish cost maybe a little more (not exactly sure on that one)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 03:38 PM
2012 Xterra Pro-4X

^ and more torque down low - where you need it for deep sand
I do miss my HEMI Durango for pulling out stuck Fords on the Outer Banks

2012 Pro-4X

Shrockworks Sliders & Bumper with Winch
BullyDog / aFe Exhaust / IM Spacer / K&N

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode