Oddest Modification - Page 5 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:50 PM
2012 Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by meisanerd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ADVX View Post
so @fatty, what are you shooting on the beach and in the desert?
Looking at the pictures, I am going to guess a gun... <a href="https://thenewx.org/forum/images/TheNewX_2015/smilies/tango_face_grin.png" border="0" alt="" title="Big Grin" >:-)</a>

Looks like a pretty sweet setup, and sounds a bit better planned out than our typical "shoot at gophers from the bed of a truck" routine... although we have shot out of the back hatch a few times, get a nice hill perch for elevation, and it keeps you out of the elements and/or hot sun.
Shooting long range requires a bit more planning in an informal setting.

Finding a long unobstructed distance with a good safe backstop that is easily accessible to place a heavy target and stand isn't as easy as one would think.
13ADVX likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2006 Red Brawn Xterra S

Garage
I got the light control that I showed in the original post in the mail today. I am going to work on cleaning it up and figuring out the pinout for the connector on the back. I also bought another item at the same time. I think that this may help me when driving in areas heavily populated with police and their RADAR guns:

MartinX likes this.
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:23 PM
Veteran
2010 Super Black Xterra Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDPearson View Post
I've posted this somewhere already, but here it is again:

After being teased by a buddy in a 4runner about not having a "crotch vent" -- I made my own.

It's ultra ghetto, and mostly a joke, but here is the:
xTerra Crotch-Cooler 2000!

The air pressure is not fantastic, but they point right up the legs of my shorts.
dude! I had a suburban that had a vent right under the steering column and it was fantastic, I dig it man
GDPearson likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-IG-x.treks- "No one can deny the pure flex of Un4seen4" - AlbatrossCafe

post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:20 AM
2008 Red Rage Xterra X - Dings, Dents, and a little Tint

I've been dabbling in the idea of an on-board tampon dispenser... kidding.

That shooting platform is freakin' awesome though. I've often joked about doing something similar with mine, but I live in California... so that would go over about as well as a flashpass to death row.

For what it's worth, I use my upper glove box as "the party box." It's filled with beer coozies, bottle openers, cards, dice, and some other basic essentials for entertainment during unplaned (and planned) over night camping excursions. It has definitely served me well on a few occasions.

\m/.
.\m/
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:33 PM
2005 Silver Lightning Xterra SE 4x4 5AT

I heard there was some bustle about a crotch vent...

Someone point me in the right direction.

Haha, jk. Super neat! I would imagine on hot trail days, this would be a Godsend!

I have a "cool cop" setup that I use in my cruiser. It connects to the air vent and has a hooked outlet that goes right into our vests. It's magnificent in the summer. I don't think Sarge would take kindly to me having something protruding towards my... Belt.
GDPearson and Battousaited like this.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode