Problems w/Xterra Performance & DepHep - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2015 Glacier White Xterra

Problems w/Xterra Performance & DepHep

Anyone else ever have issues with customer service from Xterra Performance or DepHep? If so, I'm curious to hear them because this has been a fiasco . . .

On October 27, 2018 I ordered a DepHep roof rack for my Xterra. Online it said 4-6 weeks, which is understandable; and because of the holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas, I naturally assumed it may take longer. Fast forward to January 15, 2019 and I email on the order status. They email back about two weeks later telling me there was a delay in ordering raw materials, but the rack itself would be completed and shipping out the following week.

Time flies, at some point in February I call asking for an update because I never received a tracking number. The customer service rep (Stephen) said he would look into and call back. He never called back, so I call back a few days later and he tells me that multiple orders went out, that mine went to someone else's address, but because they denied the package the rack was sitting in a FedEx warehouse, which needed to be tracked down. I tried to be cool about all of this because s#it happens and I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt.

March 2, 2019 rolls around and I email, but there's no response. I call their customer service rep (Stephen) again. He tells me they got hold of the rack, are double-checking the welds, and that it should ship out within a week.

Some time passes and nothing. I contact back on March 25, 2019 via email; again, no response. April 2, 2019 rolls around and after calling them again they finally give me a tracking number.

For almost a week the tracking number is not working. Again, I call and it turns out they never shipped the rack because the brackets that DepHep uses for mounting were supposedly out of stock. On April 12, 2019 I finally had enough of this jerking around and cancel my order for a full refund. I figured it was better to let things go -- to part and just let me move on.

The refund was to take 7-10 business days. I call today, on April 30,2019 and let them know that the refund has yet to go through. Their customer service rep (Stephen) tells me the usual -- he'll look into it and call me back.

I don't know what the deal is, but this is unbelievable. I hate posting something like this on a forum, especially of a sponsored vendor, but I've never experienced something like this ever. I ended up filing a non-fraudulent complaint with my bank and a BBB complaint to, hopefully, get my money back.

Again, has anyone dealt with something like this before? What would you do at this point?

Thanks!

He goes exploring
Into the forest,
Never to return again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 03:33 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 Brilliant Silver 6MT Pro-4X & 2007 Avalanche White S 5AT 4x4 ❌terras

Garage
Ok. Nisstec now owns Xterra performance (and did when you ordered).

I have had all kinds of problems dealing with Stephen at Nisstec, very similar to you. He is a liar. I would bet they never even placed your order with dephep. I would call dephep (Tony Hepler) directly to see what is going on.

Also, when you call Xterra performance/Nisstec, talk to anyone but Stephen.

I had almost the exact situation with my hefty skid plates I ordered through Nisstec back in 2015. Again with dephep molly panels in 2016/2017. Again with extended brake lines in 2017. All of the problems I had were with Stephen and the lies he told.

Sorry you are dealing with this.

Edit: if you are still not getting anywhere, talk to Chris Meisner, he owns Nisstec.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- J.J. Watt
”You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 03:54 PM
Veteran
2015 Metallic Blue Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
My first few times ordering from Nisstec went really well. However, when I recently ordered my Radflos, I had the same issues with getting false stories from Nisstec. However, back when I did order a Hep's rack, I had no issues getting it. I think I had it in just a few weeks. As @jsexton said, I'd go directly to Tony, he seems really easy to work with. This is definitely a problem with Nisstec and most likely not Tony.

R. Long
Build Thread-->

SoCal Club Xterra -->

post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 03:59 PM
Veteran
2006 Night Armor Xterra OR

Garage
Son of a... so where the hell can we go for acceptable customer service? PRG and Nisstec are pretty much the only ones I know of for lifts and suspension - I got burned by PRG and figured I would flee to Nisstec, but now that looks to be equally problematic.

If it's known that this guy lies to customers, why is he still employed? At Greg owns PRG, so there isn't anyone above him to hold him accountable - but why would Chris put up with an employee who is costing him business and his reputation?
Allshookup and Leonard4X4 like this.

Nulla tenaci invia est via.
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 04:00 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X T-Swap'd

It is terrible, but unfortunately this is not a rare occurrence with a lot of aftermarket Nissan vendors. I got the same thing from Stephen about my Radflo 2.5 coilovers. He said they were waiting on Radflo to ship them to Nisstec so they could powdercoat them and get them to me. Well, I called Radflo and found my order with them and they said they had shipped them a couple weeks prior. lol

You usually end up getting your stuff, but it just happens "eventually". Yours is a REALLY LONG eventually apparently.

Build Page -

Trip Photos Page -

"Mods first - life later."
post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie

Damn, I wish I knew this prior. This has been such a headache. I'll call Nisstec tomorrow and ask for Tony or Chris and get this resolved.

I have everything for them documented: emails and phone calls too. I even threatened with a civil lawsuit because I needed that rack for my business, which is now 2 months delayed and keeping me from helping a sponsor during the Overland Expo West (Flagstaff).

He goes exploring
Into the forest,
Never to return again.
post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 07:09 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 Brilliant Silver 6MT Pro-4X & 2007 Avalanche White S 5AT 4x4 ❌terras

Garage
Tony is dephep, not Nisstec.

Home

Looking at the contact page, they might be exclusively selling through Nisstec/Xterra performance.

Chris might be your best bet.

- J.J. Watt
”You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.”

and
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie

Thanks. I'll ask for Chris and only Chris. As for Tony, I won't hold anything against him but does he have a contact on this forum? I wouldn't mind messaging him -- sucks that his reputation is being tarnished.

He goes exploring
Into the forest,
Never to return again.
post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 08:52 PM
Veteran
2011 XTERRA P R O - 4 X Night Armor [Gray]

Garage
It seems like a new website named "www.traildutyinc.com" is back up and running and it looks a lot like "trailduty.com" and carries nearly the exact same inventory. Seems a little fishy.

Get outdoors and have some fun!

Build Page:

Gone but not forgotten: 1983 Datsun 280ZX Turbo 5 Speed
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 09:04 PM
Veteran
2005 Super Black Xterra OR

Issue a chargeback on your credit card if it isn't too late. I bet it will be resolved REALLY fast. Companies don't like an angry credit card company.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
mfast10 likes this.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode