Off Road Disaster - Page 2 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2012 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles_Alarie View Post
That's what I've heard. Pretty heavy but bulletproof. I'm exploring options for a suspension swap currently.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I would of put the ARB on with stock suspension not knowing any better but after 1/2 mile on the road I would turn around and start looking foe aftermarket suspension. IMO stock suspension and ARB don't mix..
TerryD likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 05:20 PM
Supporting Member
2011 Brilliant Silver ❌terra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
LOL Now that I have the ARB I look at my bull bar and SMH saying what was I thinking? Wasted $$$ for sure
Not to add insult to injury here, but if you are actually gonna wheel that good looking X of yours, do yourself a favor, and lose the factory side steps. One very minor hit and those things fold like a beer can. They're great to stand on, but not much else. Sliders for the win , or nothing at all.

Not preaching, just passing on my own hard won lessons.
eighty, Dyno992 and TerryD like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everything happens for a reason .... Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and make bad decisions.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM1RU View Post
Not to add insult to injury here, but if you are actually gonna wheel that good looking X of yours, do yourself a favor, and lose the factory side steps. One very minor hit and those things fold like a beer can. They're great to stand on, but not much else. Sliders for the win , or nothing at all.

Not preaching, just passing on my own hard won lessons.
Will do, want recommend sliders so I can tell my wife the internetz says I need these sliders.....
TerryD and KnightArmorX like this.

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 05:30 PM
2006 Storm Gray Frontier OR KC NISMO 4x4 6MT

Quote:
Will do, want recommend sliders so I can tell my wife the internetz says I need these sliders.....
Schrock works or hefty fab
IM1RU and scoyoc like this.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 05:36 PM
LBX
Veteran
2011 Avalanche White Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpulldown View Post
or White Knuckle.
TerryD likes this.
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpulldown View Post
Yeah I was just over there looking and wow here goes more $$$ out the window lol. Did you ever have a truck/car/motorcycle and think this thing is the greatest only to then see a part for it that you want and then all of the sudden you think this truck/car/motorcycle is complete junk how am I gonna drive around in it unless I get said part?
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 05:38 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2008 Red Brawn ❌terra

Quote:
White Knuckle sliders
Revolution Xer and TerryD like this.
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 05:40 PM
Veteran
2006 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
Ouch, I have to give you credit for that level of dedication to pull him out haha. I wonder if that log maybe saved you, if that water was deep enough it would have caused problems much more expensive than a new bumper!
satown210 likes this.

post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 05:42 PM
Supporting Member
2011 Brilliant Silver ❌terra Pro-4X

Quote:
Besides the above (very valid) suggestions, I'm gonna have to put a plug in for MaxGear Sliders. You can contact him at [email protected] for a price list and photos.

and

Everything happens for a reason .... Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and make bad decisions.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM1RU View Post
Besides the above (very valid) suggestions, I'm gonna have to put a plug in for MaxGear Sliders. You can contact him at [email protected] for a price list and photos.
Will email him now

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode