Quickjack - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
2009 Silver Lightning Xterra OR

Quickjack

I'm thinking about buying a Ranger Quickjack and was curious if anyone has lifted an Xterra with one. I'm considering the 5000SLX model since it will work well with my other vehicles.

'09 Silver Lightning Xterra OR
'08 Infiniti G35S
'02 Dodge Viper GTS FE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 10:35 AM
2010 Xterra SE

Garage
Just asking... Isn't the model you mentioned a bit light for use with the X? I would not want to use a jack rated for just about what the stock curb weight of some X models is.

Perhaps the 7000 series jack would be a better choice?

Oh, and I wish I had one, or maybe a stationary lift for the garage!

Tom

Traveling the back roads because they are there.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 01:18 AM
TNX Realm Noobie
2005 Red Brawn Xterra Off Road 6MT

I have a 5000SLX. I purchased it with my cars in mind and not necessarily my Xterra. I find body on frame easy to lift with a jack and jack stands so I didnít opt for the 7K lbs. capacity model.

I did use it to lift my Xterra once when I was changing the shocks. I figured my stock Xterra is around 4,500 lbs. and the lift is rated for 5,000 lbs. There is a demo video of the 5K lbs. unit supporting 20K lbs. so wasnít too concerned since I wasnít going under the truck for that job.

In the picture below, I did not stack the rubber blocks which would have given a few more inches of lift. It barely lifted the tires off the ground which was all I needed for the job. If I planned to use it for my Xterra frequently, I would buy the optional SUV adapters.

The Quickjack is awesome for cars

And if I just want clearance and donít need the wheels off, Iíve found using 4LO to get up a set of Rhino Ramps as a great alternative for the Xterra. It barely clears the open garage door.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 03:47 AM
Veteran
2005 Xterra TS/LCKD/4:56/35" Edition & S Model DD for handme downs

isnt this kinda spendy?

for another 800-900 bucks why not go this route?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ChrisHaynesUSA; 02-07-2019 at 03:51 AM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 07:31 AM
2012 Xterra X

If you dont have the room to have a proper lift 100% of the time, I can see the merits of a quick jack that you can just park over top of like a normal parking spot in the garage.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 08:20 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2009 Avalanche White ❌terra OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHaynesUSA View Post
for another 800-900 bucks why not go this route?
It is tempting. Besides the purchase cost the next biggest cost is excavation and floor rework for the install. In the shop I borrow it would need deeper stronger reinforced concrete footings. Safe install easily pushes it up over $3k.

If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid -
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
2009 Silver Lightning Xterra OR

Thanks for all the replies. This is exactly the info I was looking for. I'm also purchasing it primarily for cars, but it's nice to know I could use on the X also. It is pricey, but I like the portability of it. You can find them on sale at Costco for around $1000.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 05:02 PM
Veteran
2014 Silver Lightning Xterra S 4x4

Garage
Consideration.

Many two point lifts require at least 4" of 3000 PSI rebar reinforced concrete. With this in mind, if your current garage floor is not of this standard you will need to re-pour a slab which is at least 4' by 4' and 10" thick. These new concrete pads should have "rebar" installed into the new pour and into the sides of the existing concrete slab(Greg Smith Equipment Sales).

Obviously, it's best to pour your garage slab with the idea of installing a lift in mind .
For the average shade tree mechanic, the cost of a two post lift and possibly a floor upgrade may be somewhat prohibitive when a Quickjack can serve your needs.

ďAll that the South has ever desired was that the Union as established by our forefathers should be preserved and that the government as originally organized should be administered in purity and truth.Ē
Robert E. Lee
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 12:21 AM
Veteran
2011 Super Black Xterra S Plus

My only issue with the quick jack is that you can't get under from either side and may not work for getting some skids on or off. I want the 2 post so I can reach everything.

Click Here for >
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 09:32 AM
Veteran
2014 Silver Lightning Xterra S 4x4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTKSHR View Post
My only issue with the quick jack is that you can't get under from either side and may not work for getting some skids on or off. I want the 2 post so I can reach everything.
A very reasonable request.

For starters , you had best measure the height of your roof where you park your cars.
Most of us lack the luxury of a separate garage in which to perform our auto repairs and rely on either the comfort of our two car garage or working outside. With this in mind, a two car garages ceiling height is typically close to 8ft where as a garage door is 7ft high. This can be a problem as many two point lifts require a 9ft ceiling or greater.(10ft is rather common)

However, a quickjack can be used to raise your vehicle to a safe working height and with a little preparation you can have those items which you wish replaced already under your vehicle for easy accessibility. No, the quickjack will not be as easy to work around as a two point lift. However, for those which lack the option of a two point lift, a quickjack becomes a reasonable option which is safer and more convenient than Jack stands and a manual jack.

ďAll that the South has ever desired was that the Union as established by our forefathers should be preserved and that the government as originally organized should be administered in purity and truth.Ē
Robert E. Lee

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode